Apr 2, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
The Bruins signed Turco to fill the void left by Tuukka Rask, who is recovering from a groin injury. The problem is that Turco isn’t eligible to participate in the playoffs, so he could never be more than a short-term fix. Khudobin might start in Tuesday’s game and then Tim Thomas will probably play on Thursday and Saturday as the Bruins get ready for the postseason.
That means that Turco has probably played between the pipes with the Boston Bruins for the last time this season. He might try to extend his NHL career further, but he’ll turn 37 on Aug. 13 and his tenure with Boston produced mixed results. On the plus side, Turco was in net for Boston’s 6-3 victory over the New York Islanders on Saturday, so if this is the end of his NHL career, then he’ll be going out a winner.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5