Apr 2, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
The Bruins signed Turco to fill the void left by Tuukka Rask, who is recovering from a groin injury. The problem is that Turco isn’t eligible to participate in the playoffs, so he could never be more than a short-term fix. Khudobin might start in Tuesday’s game and then Tim Thomas will probably play on Thursday and Saturday as the Bruins get ready for the postseason.
That means that Turco has probably played between the pipes with the Boston Bruins for the last time this season. He might try to extend his NHL career further, but he’ll turn 37 on Aug. 13 and his tenure with Boston produced mixed results. On the plus side, Turco was in net for Boston’s 6-3 victory over the New York Islanders on Saturday, so if this is the end of his NHL career, then he’ll be going out a winner.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54