Apr 2, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
The Bruins signed Turco to fill the void left by Tuukka Rask, who is recovering from a groin injury. The problem is that Turco isn’t eligible to participate in the playoffs, so he could never be more than a short-term fix. Khudobin might start in Tuesday’s game and then Tim Thomas will probably play on Thursday and Saturday as the Bruins get ready for the postseason.
That means that Turco has probably played between the pipes with the Boston Bruins for the last time this season. He might try to extend his NHL career further, but he’ll turn 37 on Aug. 13 and his tenure with Boston produced mixed results. On the plus side, Turco was in net for Boston’s 6-3 victory over the New York Islanders on Saturday, so if this is the end of his NHL career, then he’ll be going out a winner.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2