Apr 2, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
The Bruins signed Turco to fill the void left by Tuukka Rask, who is recovering from a groin injury. The problem is that Turco isn’t eligible to participate in the playoffs, so he could never be more than a short-term fix. Khudobin might start in Tuesday’s game and then Tim Thomas will probably play on Thursday and Saturday as the Bruins get ready for the postseason.
That means that Turco has probably played between the pipes with the Boston Bruins for the last time this season. He might try to extend his NHL career further, but he’ll turn 37 on Aug. 13 and his tenure with Boston produced mixed results. On the plus side, Turco was in net for Boston’s 6-3 victory over the New York Islanders on Saturday, so if this is the end of his NHL career, then he’ll be going out a winner.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 8
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6