Apr 2, 2012, 3:54 PM EST
If the Sabres are going to make the playoffs, they’ll have to do it without Christian Ehrhoff.
Buffalo head coach Lindy Ruff confirmed today that Ehrhoff would miss the three remaining games of the regular season with a knee injury. The German rearguard was hurt last Tuesday after a knee-on-knee collision with Washington’s Troy Brouwer — the Sabres weren’t offering much in the way of injury specifics, but did say Ehrhoff could return to the lineup in the playoffs…should they qualify.
The news on the Tyler Myers (foot) front was slightly more encouraging. There’s a chance he could return at some point this week after sitting out Saturday’s game in Toronto — the towering defenseman originally hurt his foot blocking a shot against Pittsburgh on Friday, but could accumulate enough rest to rejoin the lineup either on Thursday (at Philadelphia) on on Saturday for the regular season finale in Boston.
In other news pertaining to Buffalo’s health: Mike Weber (hurt Friday vs. Pittsburgh), could play tomorrow against Toronto while Matt Ellis (knee) has been cleared. There’s an outside chance Nathan Gerbe (upper-body) returns as well.
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 16
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)