Apr 2, 2012, 3:54 PM EDT
If the Sabres are going to make the playoffs, they’ll have to do it without Christian Ehrhoff.
Buffalo head coach Lindy Ruff confirmed today that Ehrhoff would miss the three remaining games of the regular season with a knee injury. The German rearguard was hurt last Tuesday after a knee-on-knee collision with Washington’s Troy Brouwer — the Sabres weren’t offering much in the way of injury specifics, but did say Ehrhoff could return to the lineup in the playoffs…should they qualify.
The news on the Tyler Myers (foot) front was slightly more encouraging. There’s a chance he could return at some point this week after sitting out Saturday’s game in Toronto — the towering defenseman originally hurt his foot blocking a shot against Pittsburgh on Friday, but could accumulate enough rest to rejoin the lineup either on Thursday (at Philadelphia) on on Saturday for the regular season finale in Boston.
In other news pertaining to Buffalo’s health: Mike Weber (hurt Friday vs. Pittsburgh), could play tomorrow against Toronto while Matt Ellis (knee) has been cleared. There’s an outside chance Nathan Gerbe (upper-body) returns as well.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 10
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 36
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 33
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)