Apr 2, 2012, 3:54 PM EDT
If the Sabres are going to make the playoffs, they’ll have to do it without Christian Ehrhoff.
Buffalo head coach Lindy Ruff confirmed today that Ehrhoff would miss the three remaining games of the regular season with a knee injury. The German rearguard was hurt last Tuesday after a knee-on-knee collision with Washington’s Troy Brouwer — the Sabres weren’t offering much in the way of injury specifics, but did say Ehrhoff could return to the lineup in the playoffs…should they qualify.
The news on the Tyler Myers (foot) front was slightly more encouraging. There’s a chance he could return at some point this week after sitting out Saturday’s game in Toronto — the towering defenseman originally hurt his foot blocking a shot against Pittsburgh on Friday, but could accumulate enough rest to rejoin the lineup either on Thursday (at Philadelphia) on on Saturday for the regular season finale in Boston.
In other news pertaining to Buffalo’s health: Mike Weber (hurt Friday vs. Pittsburgh), could play tomorrow against Toronto while Matt Ellis (knee) has been cleared. There’s an outside chance Nathan Gerbe (upper-body) returns as well.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)