Apr 2, 2012, 3:54 PM EDT
If the Sabres are going to make the playoffs, they’ll have to do it without Christian Ehrhoff.
Buffalo head coach Lindy Ruff confirmed today that Ehrhoff would miss the three remaining games of the regular season with a knee injury. The German rearguard was hurt last Tuesday after a knee-on-knee collision with Washington’s Troy Brouwer — the Sabres weren’t offering much in the way of injury specifics, but did say Ehrhoff could return to the lineup in the playoffs…should they qualify.
The news on the Tyler Myers (foot) front was slightly more encouraging. There’s a chance he could return at some point this week after sitting out Saturday’s game in Toronto — the towering defenseman originally hurt his foot blocking a shot against Pittsburgh on Friday, but could accumulate enough rest to rejoin the lineup either on Thursday (at Philadelphia) on on Saturday for the regular season finale in Boston.
In other news pertaining to Buffalo’s health: Mike Weber (hurt Friday vs. Pittsburgh), could play tomorrow against Toronto while Matt Ellis (knee) has been cleared. There’s an outside chance Nathan Gerbe (upper-body) returns as well.
- Report: No suspension for Lucic spear of DeKeyser 22
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 113
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 54
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17