Apr 2, 2012, 3:54 PM EDT
If the Sabres are going to make the playoffs, they’ll have to do it without Christian Ehrhoff.
Buffalo head coach Lindy Ruff confirmed today that Ehrhoff would miss the three remaining games of the regular season with a knee injury. The German rearguard was hurt last Tuesday after a knee-on-knee collision with Washington’s Troy Brouwer — the Sabres weren’t offering much in the way of injury specifics, but did say Ehrhoff could return to the lineup in the playoffs…should they qualify.
The news on the Tyler Myers (foot) front was slightly more encouraging. There’s a chance he could return at some point this week after sitting out Saturday’s game in Toronto — the towering defenseman originally hurt his foot blocking a shot against Pittsburgh on Friday, but could accumulate enough rest to rejoin the lineup either on Thursday (at Philadelphia) on on Saturday for the regular season finale in Boston.
In other news pertaining to Buffalo’s health: Mike Weber (hurt Friday vs. Pittsburgh), could play tomorrow against Toronto while Matt Ellis (knee) has been cleared. There’s an outside chance Nathan Gerbe (upper-body) returns as well.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)