Talk Amongst Yourselves: Flyers overcome early deficit, beat Penguins 6-4

Apr 1, 2012, 3:26 PM EDT

The comments section is open. Go say what you think. No big whoop.

Here are a few topics:

—- This is the second time in a row the Penguins have blown a 2-0 lead against the Flyers.

—- Philadelphia’s Jaromir Jagr and Maxime Talbot now have a combined seven points (5G-2A) against their old club.

—- The Penguins have looked like serious Stanley Cup contenders at times, but have only beaten Philadelphia once in five attempts. The Flyers might be the worst possible first round opponent for them, and the two appear to be on a collision course.

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!

—- Pittsburgh has now allowed 41 goals in their last 11 games. Perhaps they should’ve listened to defenseman Brooks Oprik when he said this following Tuesday’s 5-3 loss to the Islanders:

“It’s been probably six games, maybe, if you look at the goals-against, the chances-against, we’ve been giving up way too many. I guess it’s our approach going into games — outscore rather than out-defend teams.

“If we come in with the mentality to out-defend, I think we’ll be fine. With the personnel that we have, I think we’ll get our chances. We’re just playing too open right now. The way we’re playing is kind of 50-50.”

— A massive brawl erupted in the final minutes of the game after Pittsburgh’s Joe Vitale delivered a big hit to Danny Briere. Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette was incensed and engaged in a screaming match with Pittsburgh assistant Tony Granato (head coach Dan Bylsma also had some things to say.) We could certainly see a lot more of that in the first round.

Now go, talk amongst yourselves.

source:

102 Comments (Feed for Comments)
  1. spiffy53 - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:28 PM

suck it genopringles.

flyers 6
    “the franchise” 4

nice no call on the automatic crosby slash. only crosby can get away with a call i have seen 100% automatic up until today.

2. hockinj25 - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Nice action at the end. It was a clean hit but boys will be boys. I understand why Laviolette was upset. I love Crosby and Malkin both chirping at him like they were going to do something. Best part of all was Hartnell messing with the Hulk Hogan look-alike.

• tcclark - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:37 PM

hahaha that was soooo funny

• abrienza428 - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:59 PM

That guy is fighting cancer. Real classy for you to make fun of him.

• illbringdabeers - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Thats cause everyone knows that! f**king idiot

• mattryannolan - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Oh good thing they would be able to know that just from watching the 2 minutes he was on TV.. Doesn’t excuse him throwing crap.

• tcclark - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:07 PM

I can sympathize with the guy for having cancer, but it doesn’t give him a free pass for taunting the flyers bench incessantly. You taunt us, we’ll taunt you.

and honestly he doesn’t seem like the kind of guy that would want everyone on here feeling bad for him because he has cancer. He’d probably want to be treated like everyone else.

• abrienza428 - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Haha. Figured that’d get a stir.

• illbringdabeers - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:20 PM

it “got a stir” cause you sound like an idiot, but I’m glad you got a laugh by trying to stir people up with a comment about someones cancer. good for you, I bet your so proud of yourself!!!!!!

• abrienza428 - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:41 PM

At least I know proper punctuation, capitalization and the proper use of you’re and your. But I sound like the idiot I guess.

• tcclark - Apr 1, 2012 at 5:20 PM

You need a comma between “capitalization” and “and.” Also, “But I sound like the idiot I guess,” is a dependent clause, meaning that it can’t stand alone as a sentence. Conjunctions like and, but, or, and so are used to link two clauses together. You should never use them to start a sentence.

If you’re going to complain about someone’s grammar, make sure your grammar is impeccable.

• abrienza428 - Apr 1, 2012 at 5:36 PM

You don’t understand jokes or sarcasm, do you?

• tcclark - Apr 1, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Do you? Nothing you said was funny…

• atb4 - Apr 1, 2012 at 6:13 PM

It was over your head. Not a big deal. I thought somebody (especially Flyers fans) would understand what I was referencing there, but I can understand why not I suppose since it’s a bit dated. I didn’t mean to get into a comment war or anything. Sorry if my posts got misconstrued. Have a good evening man. Good game today, too.

• Buffalo Grumblings - Apr 1, 2012 at 6:37 PM

we’re all fighting something

3. ballsohardu - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Nice to see the pens lose… Well crosby.. I still like geno. Sorry cindy the flyers are better

4. icelovinbrotha215 - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:32 PM

It’s so obvious the NHL favors the Pens. I wouldn’t be surprised that Asham DOESN’T get suspened for instigation. I’m also hoping the Flyers get the Pens in the first round. Should be some old fashion playoff hockey.

5. dwil12 - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:32 PM

crosby is one of the dirtiest players in the league. he deserves every head injury he has had or will have. hope the next time he gets hit his brain explodes. the penguins as a whole are probably the dirtiest team in the league.

• bobhpine - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:38 PM

You’re a sad person

• dwil12 - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:41 PM

another person that just loves to blow crosby. hes a dirty Piece of sh!t. but i sure you somehow disagree with that assessment.

• bobhpine - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:44 PM

no…I’m just not so petty and pathetic as to wish injuries on someone I don’t even know, because of hockey…but you are!

• dwil12 - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:52 PM

not so much wishing injury on him as saying he deserves everything he gets. there is no place for the type of dirty play that crosby gets away with. but trust me i wont be feeling bad for him if his career was ended by concussions.

• obamablowz - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I’m a Flyers fan but tis comment is just stupid. Show some class unlike those scumbag Pittsburgh fans when Lindros got hit. Never wish injury on anyone.

• dwil12 - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:45 PM

difference is lindros wasnt a dirty player and would answer anyone that challenged him whereas crosby hides behind asham and cooke for all that dirty sh!t he does. if crosby wasnt such a pu$$y and would stand up for himself instead of being a scared little girl maybe people wouldnt hate him as much. like i said he deserves everything he gets

• bobhpine - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:54 PM

actually you said you “hope his brain explodes.” Quite different than saying he deserves what he gets.

It’s ironic how you admire Lindros for standing up for himself while you type nonsense like hoping Crosby’s brain explodes on a message board, then retreat and act like you wrote something less stupid. You do realize you’re just some loser watching a game on television, right?

• obamablowz - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Dude, I love 88, but he was one of the dirtiest players in the league. Sucker punches, kicking feet out from players, high stick, hitting players when down. I love him, but he was dirty.

• dwil12 - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:08 PM

good to see you can pick just pieces from my original statement. and of course you pick the part that i was least serious about. i did also say that he deserves everything he gets right before i said i hope his brain explodes. i didnt retreat with anything. you are just some clown that thinks crosby can do no wrong. you sir need to remove your head from sid’s ass. and yes lindros would stand up for the things he did instead of hiding behind his team mates. something crosby will never do.

• icelovinbrotha215 - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:05 PM

First thing, Crosby isn’t one of the dirtiest players in the league haha. Malkin is dirtier than Crosby. Second, you can’t hope for a player to get injured. I can’t stand the Pens as much as any other Flyers Phan, but one must be reasonable when talking rilvaries. Be easy haha.

• rhicks4 - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:23 PM

You’re an idiot like the rest of the Flyers, like the “classy” Schenn who gives a dirty crosscheck to the best player in hockey,sad to see you’re jelousy so obvious. So how is that dirty Pronger doing these days?

• dwil12 - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:32 PM

jealous? thats funny. what am i jealous of? the fact the flyers have the better team. funny you should bring up pronger because that is pretty much your boy crosby’s future. except sid will be done by the time he is 30. by the way that “crossheck” was a complete dive by that little girl.

• icelovinbrotha215 - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Haha I don’t anyone said that Schenn’s play was clean. Hence the reason why he received a penalty prior to the correction of Sullivan’s goal. We all know that if Crosby cross-checked Schenn, the official would let it go. Just like they let Crosby’s two slashes off of faceoffs slide. And Prongs is hopefully one day closer to hitting the ice again. Time will tell though.

• illbringdabeers - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:37 PM

If i had to guess how Pronger is i’d say not bad. He’s probably sitting in his million dollar plus house with his good looking wife, having a better life then you, but thats just me guessing.

• pens5829 - Apr 1, 2012 at 7:22 PM

It must be true. Sid’s a dirty player. Dwil12, a Flyer fan, said so. Moron.

• dwil12 - Apr 1, 2012 at 7:35 PM

another person too busy blowing sid to admit he’s a dirty player. i guess all those slashes he got away with were clean as could be today. i mean breaking your stick on someones leg is probably the cleanest play possible. this game also had sid doing what he does best with that massive flop he took when schenn barely hit him. i’ve always hated the pens and their players but at least when i hated jagr and mario it was out of respect for their talent. crosby and malkin i hate because they are dirty cheap shot artists and they have the superb ability to take a dive. funny trying to throw me being a flyers fan in my face for what i said when you are too much of a homer yourself to admit sid is dirty. i dont know maybe i was watching a different game today

• pens5829 - Apr 1, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Keep living your pathetic, hateful life. It’s fans like you that give knowledgeable, respectful Flyer fans a bad name.

• dwil12 - Apr 1, 2012 at 8:04 PM

right whatever makes you feel better about yourself. pretty sure my life is far from pathetic. i give no respect to a team that doesnt deserve it. i respect the rangers the penguins not so much.

6. odj810 - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Not a fan of either of these teams but I cannot wait for the playoff series.

7. obamablowz - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Pittsburgh blowz!!!!

8. streetskater1989 - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:35 PM

peter laviolette is my hero standing up to Dan bysmal who put his 4th line out for some late game head hunting talk about sore loser

• odj810 - Apr 1, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I didn’t see what the big deal was for putting your fourth line out there. Its not like they were head hunting. Vitale layed a good hard clean check on briere and the flyers responded, and then the penguins responded. I don’t think the 4th line was out there to just throw down.

9. Matt - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:35 PM

What’s the over/under for number of dead players after the Pens/Flyers playoff series is done? 2 per team?

• odj810 - Apr 1, 2012 at 5:49 PM

gotta wonder how the winner of this series is going to fair going into the next round. Talk about getting banged up in the first round.

10. greggoldberg - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Hey guys who remembers that time that the Pens beat the Flyers in Consol because I’m having a hard time remembering it

• bobhpine - Apr 1, 2012 at 9:00 PM

but the flyers never win the Stanley cup…they always lose

11. philly4lyfe - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Phuck sh!ttsburgh.

12. phillyphan83 - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Only Crosby can break his stick slashing someone and not get a penalty, well at this point Malkin could probably get away wit it too. He cross-checked Giroux in the back of the head 3 times in a row with Giroux laying face-down on the ice, no call the either.

13. bobhpine - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:39 PM

What’s 2012 minus 37

• tcclark - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:43 PM

I knew Penguins fans weren’t smart enough to do simple math.

• hockinj25 - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:54 PM

1975 but I’ll be honest, I had to use a calculator

• flyersgoalscoredby88 - Apr 1, 2012 at 8:36 PM

The year the IRS padlocked the igloo bc the franchise couldn’t pay it’s back taxes…ooh, ooh, and the year the pens blew a 3-0 series lead on the islanders!

14. dumptrucked - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Crosby is a complete b*tch. He is so damn dirty, and takes so many liberties. It is almost as if the league has mandated its officials to turn a blind eye to their ‘star’. I was personally hoping his career was over due to concussions but the enjoyment I get every time someone else gives him a dose of his own medicine is far more enjoyable.

15. skezskoz - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Awesome ending, I dont have a problem with Bylsma putting his 4th line out nor do I have a problem with Laviolette’s response. That line brawl was awesome, hockey needs more just like it.

The Pens by the way, for as good as they are, are as dirty and whiny as any team in the league. They run all kinds of obstruction, picks, etc, and get away with it, its no wonder they have so much room to operate in the offensive zone. As usual, Crosby got away with about 4 slashes including one that happened off a draw and directly in front of a ref. Also cracks me up to see Malkin thinking he’s tough, not sure what gave him that idea but he’ll get what’s coming to him at some point. He’s one of the dirtier players in the league, look no further than shoving Giroux’s head into the ice, which obviously went uncalled as well.

Should be an epic series, although I’m sure the refs will do everything they can to ruin it.

• tcclark - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:45 PM

not to mention the elbow he threw at Giroux’s head earlier in the year

• skezskoz - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Exactly. You’d think stuff like that would warrant a response from a league that is supposedly trying to prevent head injuries.

• tcclark - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Well it is trying to prevent head injuries… as long as the league doesn’t suspend a star player in the process. Wasn’t Ville Leino suspended for almost the exact same play the night before?

16. gallyhatch - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:43 PM

I can’t wait for this playoff series!

17. phillyphever - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Oh man, the first round is gonna be a powerkeg. I’m gonna feel bad for the officials who has to deal that mess that’s gonna happen.

18. crusty14 - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:49 PM

That’s powder keg , not power keg. Grammar lesson for Sunday complete!

19. dipthatchip - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:50 PM

someone is getting stabbed outside of consol center…as I type this, hahaha. Prob Hulk Hogan doing that shanking

20. kingjoe1 - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:51 PM

What does a lack of Pens fans on the board show us?

• bmoreredfury311 - Apr 1, 2012 at 5:33 PM

sore loser’s thats what it shows you. if they won they be chirping their heads off

21. GenoPringles - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Wow. Did Fillthy just win game 7 of the cup finals? I haven’t seen so much garbage in one place since the American war hero got jumped trying to buy a sandwich. I guess when you never win a game if importance you have to celebrate regular season games. Enjoy your parade, the soupcan will see you scrubs in the playoffs. Fear The SoupCan

• tcclark - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I put this on another board, but i’m going to put it on here again. Your city was scientifically proven to be the dirtiest city in the United States (in terms of air pollution) by the American Lung Association in 2008. Here’s a link to that story http://fredericiana.com/2009/01/11/pittsburgh-number-1-in-pollution/

I love how Pittsburgh fans can continue to call Philadelphia “Filthy” when they’re breathing in all of that smog

• illbringdabeers - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:25 PM

bwahahahaha thats really funny

• billsfan13594 - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:04 PM

No…but we did just embarrass you in your own building. And the pens are 1-4 against the fly guys this year. Not much to fear. Enjoy your first round exit.

• mattryannolan - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Easiest way to make no one listen or respect your comment. Type Fear The SoupCan at the end. It’s dumb and unless you have problems using a can opener like I assume most Pens fans do there is no reason to fear a soup can. (Yes, I know it probably means something else but I’m making a joke so calm down ahead of time.)

22. ravenscaps48 - Apr 1, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Brawl So Hard!!!

23. jond86 - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:04 PM

This is going to be an outstanding playoff series so long as everything holds. I can’t stand either team but I am thinking a first round exit for the Penguins.

• icelovinbrotha215 - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I’ll take that haha.

• jond86 - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Bruins fan..only natural that I dislike Philly!

• icelovinbrotha215 - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Fair enough!

24. GenoPringles - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Wow filthy, using smog records to talk trash? That really cuts like a knife. The only reason our air us dirty is because people actually work here. I guess smoking Newports while standing in the unemployment line doesnt pollute the air as much as I thought

• vismund11 - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:26 PM

I find it astounding that you call Philly filthy, get over it. The Flyers WERE the broad street bullies in the 70’s when hockey was full of mustached men full of beer that honestly (not to sound blasphemous) couldn’t skate or play ANYTHING like players today. Your team not only has constant favoritism from the commentators as well as the refs (i.e. Claude Giroux’s stick getting slashed by Crosby, practically in the ref’s lap), but from the entire g’damn league. What is most ironic is that your team, startlingly looks like a bunch of bullies…. and I think thats what scares you. Sidney Crosby is your team and the league’s poster child but he can’t hold a candle to the combination of grit,class,finesse, speed and skill that Claude Giroux has. HE should be the poster child for the NHL, not Crosby, and its about time he’s getting recognized. Enjoy your soup and pringles cans, you j.o. Bud.

• tcclark - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:33 PM

There are approximately 5.6 million people working in the Philadelphia Metropolitan Area. There are approximately 2.3 million people working in the Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area. Try again Geno

25. chiswilson - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Mistakenly switched channels over to a hockey game a little while ago…multiple fights were going down on the ice, and even some peeps in the audience/sideline were trying to go at it. Really just a giant Jerry springer show on ice! disgraceful. I changed the channel…

• jond86 - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:36 PM

You’re a tool.

26. paulsdamnblog - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Said it before and I’ll say it again. Hands down, best rivalry in all of the NHL and maybe top 5 in North American sports.

27. crusty14 - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Chriswilson, you are full of crap! I don’t believe you for one second that you could see anyone in the stands “starting to go at” if you don’t like the on ice violence, f^%€ off and go watch your rhythmic gymnastics!

28. crusty14 - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Not a flyer or penguin fan, but for gods sake people , please stop talking nonsense!ive been playing and watching hockey for 40+ years, so I think I have every right to comment here…. Crosby is no doubt in the top 5 players in the NHL . Giroux is up there too, but he is not yet the leader I think Crosby is.

And people, please stop with the ooooh he’s so dirty, or he sucker punches, or slashed someone b.s.! If you ever played the game , you would know that little slashes, cross checks , face washes, and all the stuff that happens during a game, is part of the game! Every player does it, some are just better at it!

29. disp350 - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Not much else to say: Bring on the playoff series and let the nastiness begin. Just been listening to sports talk radio here in Philly and I already heard one comment we don’t need to hear and that’s for someone to take Crosby out in the series. Bullsh*t!! Thats a load of crap. The Flyers need to play him close and tight and get him off his game. One illegal hit to him and there will be a giant size bulls eye on the back of Giroux and the game needs none of that.

30. pittfan74 - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:45 PM

People need to get over cheap shot this and dirty play that. There isn’t one team in the league that doesn’t have a player out there who is guilt free. It happens. When emotions run high that’s what you can expect. (Boston/Montreal, Detroit/Colorado, Calgary/Edmonton…need I say more?) Fact of the matter is the Penguins D was porous and Philly took advantage of it. Philly brought it. The play-offs are a totally different beast. It’s not going to be easy for any of these 2 teams to just come out and expect to happen what what went down this afternoon. As a die hard Penguins fan for the past 19 years I can admit it when my team just effed the dog and the Penguins did just that. So lets get past all this crybaby, whiny, 2yr old s*%t and get ready for an another epic Philly/Pit series in the play-offs. We lost the battle not the war. No one is raising the cup yet. Until then, keep it classy.

31. crusty14 - Apr 1, 2012 at 4:57 PM

My point exactly pittfan! That crap happens in every game by both teams, and it only escalates in the playoffs!

• pittfan74 - Apr 1, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Let em play. It will get settled on the ice.

32. capsfan19 - Apr 1, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Here’s a fun one…. Who’s the bigger girl: crosby or pk subban??

Sad i missed this game :(.

• icelovinbrotha215 - Apr 1, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Haha P.K. is the man. I know he isn’t popular around the league but I like him. Looking forward to seeing Malcolm and Jordan in the league one day.

33. rpgweedo - Apr 1, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I love lavy getting after it, any word on suspensions?

34. vasteelerfan - Apr 1, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Did someone suck the brains and class out of the fans in philly? cant believe the lack of content too much keyboard and not enou
    gh substance

35. pacoj68 - Apr 1, 2012 at 7:15 PM

but Philly rhymes with Filthy though

36. heyzeus143 - Apr 1, 2012 at 7:22 PM

1975 – go pens

37. bracket5 - Apr 1, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Think the Fly guys are in Cherry Picker Crosby’s head. And he looks like Butthead. As dirty as he is, it should be Buttwipe. Stick the soup can up ur ass. He sux.

38. penzfan329 - Apr 1, 2012 at 8:57 PM

yes crosby got away with a slash but for you all to say he gets away with everything and the refs protect him is just stupid. Get over it! what happend to the no call crosscheck on him with 4:42 left in the 3rd?

39. lasallehockey81 - Apr 1, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Penzfan… That play did get called.. But when the goal that was missed was reviewed at the stoppage the penalty was scratched bc it happened after the goal…

40. luketillman99 - Apr 1, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Penguins are stinky.

41. lemieux00066 - Apr 1, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Win a cup losers. Have fun celebrating in the regular season….AGAIN.

42. philly4lyfe - Apr 1, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Said the pens fans fans that only show up when their team is winning. Your team goes in the toilet for a few years and they had to declare bankruptcy and almost moved the team. Gotta lives fair weather fans talkin trash on other fans like they got room to talk.

43. cowboyscanada - Apr 2, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Funny stuff phi and pitt fans. Should be a good series. Dont like either team but Phi will win in 6 games and Crosby will not finish the series,,,too fragile… Go Habs! Haha

44. bleed4philly - Apr 2, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Just imagine if Pronger and JVR were playing. It wouldve been 10-0.

45. lemieux00066 - Apr 2, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Penguins fans do have room to talk. We know what it’s like to watch our favorite team win a cup in the past 20 years. For a ‘big’ city with money to spend especially before the cap it’s pretty pathetic the Flyers haven’t won in over 35 years. Keep talking.

46. lasallehockey81 - Apr 2, 2012 at 10:37 AM

It’s never a good sign for your current team when its fans have to resort to the “when is the last time you won a Cup” argument, which is preceded 100% of the time by a big loss by that team. Pitt might want to stop worrying about the past and focus on the future..Namely, Saturday and the 1st round… The Pens are letting home ice slip away to a team they’re 1-4-1 against this year, 0-1-1 with Crosby. 35 years without a cup won’t do much to help that.

47. lemieux00066 - Apr 2, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Point is I’m not worried about a regular season loss and don’t celebrate regular season wins like my favorite team just won a cup. Perhaps if you could remember what it was like to win a cup Philly fans wouldn’t overreact this way.

48. lasallehockey81 - Apr 3, 2012 at 10:45 AM

You might have a point to make if this was November. Then, yeah, just another regular season game. Not in April, though, when you’re fighting for a higher playoff seed against an in-state rival who’s been the talk of the league bc their best player just came back. Add in some cheap shots from both teams and a coach almost jumping the benches and I don’t care if the Flyers won the cup last year, fans would still be fired up. I’d be interested in the theme of your comments had the Pens won and still had a shot at top seed. Judging by the rest of the Pitt fans’ comments, I’d say they’d be a bit more geared towards canceling the rest of the playoffs and handing you the cup tomorrow. When we won a cup last won’t have anything to do with how passionate Philly’s going to be about hockey. I think that’s what you guys fail to understand. A big game is a big game. All regular season games aren’t equal… But that’s what you tell yourself when you lose them.

49. Rick Keene - Apr 4, 2012 at 1:26 PM