Apr 1, 2012, 3:26 PM EDT
The comments section is open. Go say what you think. No big whoop.
Here are a few topics:
—- This is the second time in a row the Penguins have blown a 2-0 lead against the Flyers.
—- The Penguins have looked like serious Stanley Cup contenders at times, but have only beaten Philadelphia once in five attempts. The Flyers might be the worst possible first round opponent for them, and the two appear to be on a collision course.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
—- Pittsburgh has now allowed 41 goals in their last 11 games. Perhaps they should’ve listened to defenseman Brooks Oprik when he said this following Tuesday’s 5-3 loss to the Islanders:
“It’s been probably six games, maybe, if you look at the goals-against, the chances-against, we’ve been giving up way too many. I guess it’s our approach going into games — outscore rather than out-defend teams.
“If we come in with the mentality to out-defend, I think we’ll be fine. With the personnel that we have, I think we’ll get our chances. We’re just playing too open right now. The way we’re playing is kind of 50-50.”
— A massive brawl erupted in the final minutes of the game after Pittsburgh’s Joe Vitale delivered a big hit to Danny Briere. Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette was incensed and engaged in a screaming match with Pittsburgh assistant Tony Granato (head coach Dan Bylsma also had some things to say.) We could certainly see a lot more of that in the first round.
Now go, talk amongst yourselves.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 6
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 35
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 14
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)