Apr 1, 2012, 3:26 PM EDT
The comments section is open. Go say what you think. No big whoop.
Here are a few topics:
—- This is the second time in a row the Penguins have blown a 2-0 lead against the Flyers.
—- The Penguins have looked like serious Stanley Cup contenders at times, but have only beaten Philadelphia once in five attempts. The Flyers might be the worst possible first round opponent for them, and the two appear to be on a collision course.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
—- Pittsburgh has now allowed 41 goals in their last 11 games. Perhaps they should’ve listened to defenseman Brooks Oprik when he said this following Tuesday’s 5-3 loss to the Islanders:
“It’s been probably six games, maybe, if you look at the goals-against, the chances-against, we’ve been giving up way too many. I guess it’s our approach going into games — outscore rather than out-defend teams.
“If we come in with the mentality to out-defend, I think we’ll be fine. With the personnel that we have, I think we’ll get our chances. We’re just playing too open right now. The way we’re playing is kind of 50-50.”
— A massive brawl erupted in the final minutes of the game after Pittsburgh’s Joe Vitale delivered a big hit to Danny Briere. Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette was incensed and engaged in a screaming match with Pittsburgh assistant Tony Granato (head coach Dan Bylsma also had some things to say.) We could certainly see a lot more of that in the first round.
Now go, talk amongst yourselves.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)