Apr 1, 2012, 3:26 PM EST
The comments section is open. Go say what you think. No big whoop.
Here are a few topics:
—- This is the second time in a row the Penguins have blown a 2-0 lead against the Flyers.
—- The Penguins have looked like serious Stanley Cup contenders at times, but have only beaten Philadelphia once in five attempts. The Flyers might be the worst possible first round opponent for them, and the two appear to be on a collision course.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
—- Pittsburgh has now allowed 41 goals in their last 11 games. Perhaps they should’ve listened to defenseman Brooks Oprik when he said this following Tuesday’s 5-3 loss to the Islanders:
“It’s been probably six games, maybe, if you look at the goals-against, the chances-against, we’ve been giving up way too many. I guess it’s our approach going into games — outscore rather than out-defend teams.
“If we come in with the mentality to out-defend, I think we’ll be fine. With the personnel that we have, I think we’ll get our chances. We’re just playing too open right now. The way we’re playing is kind of 50-50.”
— A massive brawl erupted in the final minutes of the game after Pittsburgh’s Joe Vitale delivered a big hit to Danny Briere. Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette was incensed and engaged in a screaming match with Pittsburgh assistant Tony Granato (head coach Dan Bylsma also had some things to say.) We could certainly see a lot more of that in the first round.
Now go, talk amongst yourselves.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)