Apr 1, 2012, 3:26 PM EDT
The comments section is open. Go say what you think. No big whoop.
Here are a few topics:
—- This is the second time in a row the Penguins have blown a 2-0 lead against the Flyers.
—- The Penguins have looked like serious Stanley Cup contenders at times, but have only beaten Philadelphia once in five attempts. The Flyers might be the worst possible first round opponent for them, and the two appear to be on a collision course.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
—- Pittsburgh has now allowed 41 goals in their last 11 games. Perhaps they should’ve listened to defenseman Brooks Oprik when he said this following Tuesday’s 5-3 loss to the Islanders:
“It’s been probably six games, maybe, if you look at the goals-against, the chances-against, we’ve been giving up way too many. I guess it’s our approach going into games — outscore rather than out-defend teams.
“If we come in with the mentality to out-defend, I think we’ll be fine. With the personnel that we have, I think we’ll get our chances. We’re just playing too open right now. The way we’re playing is kind of 50-50.”
— A massive brawl erupted in the final minutes of the game after Pittsburgh’s Joe Vitale delivered a big hit to Danny Briere. Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette was incensed and engaged in a screaming match with Pittsburgh assistant Tony Granato (head coach Dan Bylsma also had some things to say.) We could certainly see a lot more of that in the first round.
Now go, talk amongst yourselves.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)