Apr 1, 2012, 3:24 PM EST
In the wake of Pittsburgh’s loss to Philadelphia this afternoon, the New York Rangers can wrap up top spot in the Eastern Conference tonight at MSG (7 p.m. ET, NBCSN). All the Rangers need is a point against the Bruins to claim home-ice advantage until at least the Stanley Cup finals, should they make it that far.
The Rangers are still in a race with Vancouver and St. Louis for the Presidents’ Trophy, so even if they clinch first in the conference tonight, at least some of their remaining three games (in Philadelphia, in Pittsburgh, vs. Washington) will have meaning.
Henrik Lundqvist is set to make his ninth straight start in goal, leaving us to wonder how coach John Tortorella will handle goaltending duties down the stretch. Lundqvist is a workhorse and Martin Biron hasn’t been very good in 2012, but if the Rangers plan on making a deep run, it might not hurt to give the No. 1 a rest.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 7
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 4
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)