Apr 1, 2012, 1:48 PM EST
After an unheard of seven-game pointless streak, Canucks captain Henrik Sedin has 12 assists in his last 10 games, including two in Saturday’s 3-2 OT win over the Flames.
Perhaps more impressive is the fact eight of those assists have come in the six games (all Vancouver victories) trigger man Daniel Sedin has missed with a concussion.
Also impressive: the Canucks have only scored 15 times during their winning streak, meaning Henrik’s been in on more than half of his team’s goals.
“I feel great, I’m on the puck, making plays, trying to beat guys and the team is going well,” the NHL’s assists leader (65) said yesterday. “I’ve changed my mindset, I feel as though I don’t have to score on every shift, that we can take care of things defensively and our chances will come and we can score when they do come.”
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54