Apr 1, 2012, 1:48 PM EST
After an unheard of seven-game pointless streak, Canucks captain Henrik Sedin has 12 assists in his last 10 games, including two in Saturday’s 3-2 OT win over the Flames.
Perhaps more impressive is the fact eight of those assists have come in the six games (all Vancouver victories) trigger man Daniel Sedin has missed with a concussion.
Also impressive: the Canucks have only scored 15 times during their winning streak, meaning Henrik’s been in on more than half of his team’s goals.
“I feel great, I’m on the puck, making plays, trying to beat guys and the team is going well,” the NHL’s assists leader (65) said yesterday. “I’ve changed my mindset, I feel as though I don’t have to score on every shift, that we can take care of things defensively and our chances will come and we can score when they do come.”
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 15
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 42
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)