Apr 1, 2012, 1:48 PM EDT
After an unheard of seven-game pointless streak, Canucks captain Henrik Sedin has 12 assists in his last 10 games, including two in Saturday’s 3-2 OT win over the Flames.
Perhaps more impressive is the fact eight of those assists have come in the six games (all Vancouver victories) trigger man Daniel Sedin has missed with a concussion.
Also impressive: the Canucks have only scored 15 times during their winning streak, meaning Henrik’s been in on more than half of his team’s goals.
“I feel great, I’m on the puck, making plays, trying to beat guys and the team is going well,” the NHL’s assists leader (65) said yesterday. “I’ve changed my mindset, I feel as though I don’t have to score on every shift, that we can take care of things defensively and our chances will come and we can score when they do come.”
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)