Apr 1, 2012, 6:40 PM EDT
As you might have noticed during the massive brawl that occurred towards the end of the Philadelphia-Pittsburgh game, Flyers coach Peter Laviolette and Penguins coach Dan Bylsma were even more pissed than their players. If you missed the team’s coaches shouting match, you can view it below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
“Those guys hadn’t been out there in 12 minutes,” Laviolette said. “It’s a gutless move by their coach. It’s gutless.”
Bylsma on the other hand felt that Vitale’s hit was clean, but Brayden Schenn’s crosscheck on Sidney Crosby earlier in the game was not. Bylsma claimed that Crosby was targeted and struck by a cheap shot “well after the whistle.”
For his part, Crosby sided with his coach and added, “If that’s a sign of what’s to come it’s going to be a pretty tough playoff series.”
If this match is a sign of what’s to come, then we could see the coaches get into a fistfight before the first round is over.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 6
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 7
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18