Apr 1, 2012, 6:40 PM EDT
As you might have noticed during the massive brawl that occurred towards the end of the Philadelphia-Pittsburgh game, Flyers coach Peter Laviolette and Penguins coach Dan Bylsma were even more pissed than their players. If you missed the team’s coaches shouting match, you can view it below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
“Those guys hadn’t been out there in 12 minutes,” Laviolette said. “It’s a gutless move by their coach. It’s gutless.”
Bylsma on the other hand felt that Vitale’s hit was clean, but Brayden Schenn’s crosscheck on Sidney Crosby earlier in the game was not. Bylsma claimed that Crosby was targeted and struck by a cheap shot “well after the whistle.”
For his part, Crosby sided with his coach and added, “If that’s a sign of what’s to come it’s going to be a pretty tough playoff series.”
If this match is a sign of what’s to come, then we could see the coaches get into a fistfight before the first round is over.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5