Apr 1, 2012, 6:40 PM EDT
As you might have noticed during the massive brawl that occurred towards the end of the Philadelphia-Pittsburgh game, Flyers coach Peter Laviolette and Penguins coach Dan Bylsma were even more pissed than their players. If you missed the team’s coaches shouting match, you can view it below:
“Those guys hadn’t been out there in 12 minutes,” Laviolette said. “It’s a gutless move by their coach. It’s gutless.”
Bylsma on the other hand felt that Vitale’s hit was clean, but Brayden Schenn’s crosscheck on Sidney Crosby earlier in the game was not. Bylsma claimed that Crosby was targeted and struck by a cheap shot “well after the whistle.”
For his part, Crosby sided with his coach and added, “If that’s a sign of what’s to come it’s going to be a pretty tough playoff series.”
If this match is a sign of what’s to come, then we could see the coaches get into a fistfight before the first round is over.
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 2
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 7
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 41
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 89
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 37
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 79
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL