Mar 31, 2012, 4:34 PM EDT
Scoring a goal in the NHL is hard enough, but scoring one off your face? Wayne Simmonds now knows what that’s all about.
During the second period of the Flyers’ 4-3 shootout loss to Ottawa, Simmonds was crashing the net while Brayden Schenn was firing away. Simmonds’ face happened to get a piece of the puck and putting it past Sens goalie Craig Anderson.
Simmonds needed six or seven stitches to take care of his forehead and while the Flyers were able to come back from a 3-0 hole, losing in the shootout works to Ottawa’s advantage putting added distance between themselves and the Sabres and Capitals.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)