Mar 31, 2012, 4:34 PM EDT
Scoring a goal in the NHL is hard enough, but scoring one off your face? Wayne Simmonds now knows what that’s all about.
During the second period of the Flyers’ 4-3 shootout loss to Ottawa, Simmonds was crashing the net while Brayden Schenn was firing away. Simmonds’ face happened to get a piece of the puck and putting it past Sens goalie Craig Anderson.
Simmonds needed six or seven stitches to take care of his forehead and while the Flyers were able to come back from a 3-0 hole, losing in the shootout works to Ottawa’s advantage putting added distance between themselves and the Sabres and Capitals.
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 28
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 4
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 45
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 37
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 20
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 21
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 81
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (112)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- WATCH LIVE: Wings-Hawks, Game 4
- PHT: Rangers live another day, edge Bruins in OT
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1