Mar 31, 2012, 4:34 PM EDT
Scoring a goal in the NHL is hard enough, but scoring one off your face? Wayne Simmonds now knows what that’s all about.
During the second period of the Flyers’ 4-3 shootout loss to Ottawa, Simmonds was crashing the net while Brayden Schenn was firing away. Simmonds’ face happened to get a piece of the puck and putting it past Sens goalie Craig Anderson.
Simmonds needed six or seven stitches to take care of his forehead and while the Flyers were able to come back from a 3-0 hole, losing in the shootout works to Ottawa’s advantage putting added distance between themselves and the Sabres and Capitals.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40