Mar 31, 2012, 4:34 PM EST
Scoring a goal in the NHL is hard enough, but scoring one off your face? Wayne Simmonds now knows what that’s all about.
During the second period of the Flyers’ 4-3 shootout loss to Ottawa, Simmonds was crashing the net while Brayden Schenn was firing away. Simmonds’ face happened to get a piece of the puck and putting it past Sens goalie Craig Anderson.
Simmonds needed six or seven stitches to take care of his forehead and while the Flyers were able to come back from a 3-0 hole, losing in the shootout works to Ottawa’s advantage putting added distance between themselves and the Sabres and Capitals.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)