Mar 31, 2012, 4:34 PM EDT
Scoring a goal in the NHL is hard enough, but scoring one off your face? Wayne Simmonds now knows what that’s all about.
During the second period of the Flyers’ 4-3 shootout loss to Ottawa, Simmonds was crashing the net while Brayden Schenn was firing away. Simmonds’ face happened to get a piece of the puck and putting it past Sens goalie Craig Anderson.
Simmonds needed six or seven stitches to take care of his forehead and while the Flyers were able to come back from a 3-0 hole, losing in the shootout works to Ottawa’s advantage putting added distance between themselves and the Sabres and Capitals.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)