Mar 31, 2012, 8:41 PM EDT
Just about every reporter has an awkward moment or 500 with players, particularly when a team is performing poorly. Considering how poorly things have been going for the Maple Leafs – and how many reporters there are in Toronto – it only makes sense that there could be some moments of tension.
As Puck Daddy’s Harrison Mooney points out, the unintentional humor borders on something you’d see as a “bit” on a late night comedy show. The players and even coach Randy Carlyle receive questions that are pretty difficult to answer with a straight face, such as asking Carlyle “Did you know it would be this bad when you took the job?”
Anyway, feel free to discuss your favorite chuckle-worthy moments in the comments.
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 9
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 12
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4