Mar 31, 2012, 8:41 PM EST
Just about every reporter has an awkward moment or 500 with players, particularly when a team is performing poorly. Considering how poorly things have been going for the Maple Leafs – and how many reporters there are in Toronto – it only makes sense that there could be some moments of tension.
As Puck Daddy’s Harrison Mooney points out, the unintentional humor borders on something you’d see as a “bit” on a late night comedy show. The players and even coach Randy Carlyle receive questions that are pretty difficult to answer with a straight face, such as asking Carlyle “Did you know it would be this bad when you took the job?”
Anyway, feel free to discuss your favorite chuckle-worthy moments in the comments.
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 0
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 3
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 24
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16