Mar 31, 2012, 8:41 PM EDT
Just about every reporter has an awkward moment or 500 with players, particularly when a team is performing poorly. Considering how poorly things have been going for the Maple Leafs – and how many reporters there are in Toronto – it only makes sense that there could be some moments of tension.
As Puck Daddy’s Harrison Mooney points out, the unintentional humor borders on something you’d see as a “bit” on a late night comedy show. The players and even coach Randy Carlyle receive questions that are pretty difficult to answer with a straight face, such as asking Carlyle “Did you know it would be this bad when you took the job?”
Anyway, feel free to discuss your favorite chuckle-worthy moments in the comments.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 18
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9