Mar 31, 2012, 6:54 PM EDT
Finally some good news for the Chicago Blackhawks regarding Jonathan Toews.
Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com reports Hawks coach Joel Quenneville believes Toews has been cleared for contact. While the Blackhawks are on the road in Nashville, Toews stayed back in Chicago to do more skating.
Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane tells Myers he can’t wait for the team to clinch a playoff spot and be fully loaded again.
“It’s going to be nice, for sure, when we do clinch a spot,” Patrick Kane said. “It’ll be nice when that happens, and even nicer tonight knowing we have some of our best players hopefully coming back in the net few games; and we can keep getting better as a team and not worry about clinching a spot.”
The Blackhawks have done just fine without Toews, but getting their best centerman back from a concussion will be a huge lift for the team. With Toews out, the Blackhawks have had to rely heavier on Dave Bolland and occasionally Marcus Kruger and Brendan Morrison as well. There have been spurts of solid play from them, when they’re not hurt, but they don’t compare with Toews.
Just what the Western Conference playoffs needed, another solid team getting healthy.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)