Mar 31, 2012, 6:54 PM EDT
Finally some good news for the Chicago Blackhawks regarding Jonathan Toews.
Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com reports Hawks coach Joel Quenneville believes Toews has been cleared for contact. While the Blackhawks are on the road in Nashville, Toews stayed back in Chicago to do more skating.
Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane tells Myers he can’t wait for the team to clinch a playoff spot and be fully loaded again.
“It’s going to be nice, for sure, when we do clinch a spot,” Patrick Kane said. “It’ll be nice when that happens, and even nicer tonight knowing we have some of our best players hopefully coming back in the net few games; and we can keep getting better as a team and not worry about clinching a spot.”
The Blackhawks have done just fine without Toews, but getting their best centerman back from a concussion will be a huge lift for the team. With Toews out, the Blackhawks have had to rely heavier on Dave Bolland and occasionally Marcus Kruger and Brendan Morrison as well. There have been spurts of solid play from them, when they’re not hurt, but they don’t compare with Toews.
Just what the Western Conference playoffs needed, another solid team getting healthy.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)