Mar 31, 2012, 12:24 PM EST
We haven’t heard much from injured Flyers forward James van Riemsdyk. He’s been out since the beginning of March with a broken foot suffered while blocking a shot and while he’s getting better, he’s got a target in mind for when he can return.
Sam Carchidi of Broad Street Bull caught up van Riemsdyk to find out that he’s aiming for a return to action during the playoffs.
It seems that, in a best-case scenario, van Riemsdyk would rejoin the team midway through the opening round of the playoffs.
“There’s no reason to think that can’t happen,” he said. “I’m just doing all I can to stay positive, and being in a good mindset to get better. That’s all I can do right now.”
Without JVR in the lineup, the Flyers wingers haven’t been quite as deep as they’d like. They’re also missing the offensive skill and scoring touch van Riemsdyk is capable of. Considering that it was during last year’s playoffs that we saw van Riemsdyk show what his true potential was, perhaps a playoff return is a good omen for Philly.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 19
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)