Mar 31, 2012, 12:24 PM EDT
We haven’t heard much from injured Flyers forward James van Riemsdyk. He’s been out since the beginning of March with a broken foot suffered while blocking a shot and while he’s getting better, he’s got a target in mind for when he can return.
Sam Carchidi of Broad Street Bull caught up van Riemsdyk to find out that he’s aiming for a return to action during the playoffs.
It seems that, in a best-case scenario, van Riemsdyk would rejoin the team midway through the opening round of the playoffs.
“There’s no reason to think that can’t happen,” he said. “I’m just doing all I can to stay positive, and being in a good mindset to get better. That’s all I can do right now.”
Without JVR in the lineup, the Flyers wingers haven’t been quite as deep as they’d like. They’re also missing the offensive skill and scoring touch van Riemsdyk is capable of. Considering that it was during last year’s playoffs that we saw van Riemsdyk show what his true potential was, perhaps a playoff return is a good omen for Philly.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)