Mar 31, 2012, 12:24 PM EDT
We haven’t heard much from injured Flyers forward James van Riemsdyk. He’s been out since the beginning of March with a broken foot suffered while blocking a shot and while he’s getting better, he’s got a target in mind for when he can return.
Sam Carchidi of Broad Street Bull caught up van Riemsdyk to find out that he’s aiming for a return to action during the playoffs.
It seems that, in a best-case scenario, van Riemsdyk would rejoin the team midway through the opening round of the playoffs.
“There’s no reason to think that can’t happen,” he said. “I’m just doing all I can to stay positive, and being in a good mindset to get better. That’s all I can do right now.”
Without JVR in the lineup, the Flyers wingers haven’t been quite as deep as they’d like. They’re also missing the offensive skill and scoring touch van Riemsdyk is capable of. Considering that it was during last year’s playoffs that we saw van Riemsdyk show what his true potential was, perhaps a playoff return is a good omen for Philly.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22