Mar 31, 2012, 12:24 PM EDT
We haven’t heard much from injured Flyers forward James van Riemsdyk. He’s been out since the beginning of March with a broken foot suffered while blocking a shot and while he’s getting better, he’s got a target in mind for when he can return.
Sam Carchidi of Broad Street Bull caught up van Riemsdyk to find out that he’s aiming for a return to action during the playoffs.
It seems that, in a best-case scenario, van Riemsdyk would rejoin the team midway through the opening round of the playoffs.
“There’s no reason to think that can’t happen,” he said. “I’m just doing all I can to stay positive, and being in a good mindset to get better. That’s all I can do right now.”
Without JVR in the lineup, the Flyers wingers haven’t been quite as deep as they’d like. They’re also missing the offensive skill and scoring touch van Riemsdyk is capable of. Considering that it was during last year’s playoffs that we saw van Riemsdyk show what his true potential was, perhaps a playoff return is a good omen for Philly.
- Report: Witness subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 22
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 6
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)