Mar 31, 2012, 1:51 PM EDT
It hasn’t always been easy for the Boston Bruins this season. While they had a 10-game winning streak at one point, they also hit the skids for a while thanks to injuries. With the Bruins already having clinched a playoff spot, their next goal is to take down the Northeast Division title.
“It’s definitely been a long, interesting season. We talked about how quick it was and we’ve had a lot of ups and downs,” said Milan Lucic. “It’s an accomplishment, but obviously we have another goal in mind and that’s clinching our division.”
Wrapping up the division means getting a top three spot in the Eastern Conference playoffs and the likely No. 2 seed. That means getting a playoff date with any of Florida, Washington, Ottawa, of Buffalo. One thing’s for sure, the Bruins are going to get a tired and mentally worn down team in the first round.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5