Mar 31, 2012, 1:51 PM EDT
It hasn’t always been easy for the Boston Bruins this season. While they had a 10-game winning streak at one point, they also hit the skids for a while thanks to injuries. With the Bruins already having clinched a playoff spot, their next goal is to take down the Northeast Division title.
“It’s definitely been a long, interesting season. We talked about how quick it was and we’ve had a lot of ups and downs,” said Milan Lucic. “It’s an accomplishment, but obviously we have another goal in mind and that’s clinching our division.”
Wrapping up the division means getting a top three spot in the Eastern Conference playoffs and the likely No. 2 seed. That means getting a playoff date with any of Florida, Washington, Ottawa, of Buffalo. One thing’s for sure, the Bruins are going to get a tired and mentally worn down team in the first round.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 36
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 16
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 58
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1