Mar 31, 2012, 1:51 PM EST
It hasn’t always been easy for the Boston Bruins this season. While they had a 10-game winning streak at one point, they also hit the skids for a while thanks to injuries. With the Bruins already having clinched a playoff spot, their next goal is to take down the Northeast Division title.
“It’s definitely been a long, interesting season. We talked about how quick it was and we’ve had a lot of ups and downs,” said Milan Lucic. “It’s an accomplishment, but obviously we have another goal in mind and that’s clinching our division.”
Wrapping up the division means getting a top three spot in the Eastern Conference playoffs and the likely No. 2 seed. That means getting a playoff date with any of Florida, Washington, Ottawa, of Buffalo. One thing’s for sure, the Bruins are going to get a tired and mentally worn down team in the first round.
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 6
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 38
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 45