Mar 31, 2012, 1:51 PM EST
It hasn’t always been easy for the Boston Bruins this season. While they had a 10-game winning streak at one point, they also hit the skids for a while thanks to injuries. With the Bruins already having clinched a playoff spot, their next goal is to take down the Northeast Division title.
“It’s definitely been a long, interesting season. We talked about how quick it was and we’ve had a lot of ups and downs,” said Milan Lucic. “It’s an accomplishment, but obviously we have another goal in mind and that’s clinching our division.”
Wrapping up the division means getting a top three spot in the Eastern Conference playoffs and the likely No. 2 seed. That means getting a playoff date with any of Florida, Washington, Ottawa, of Buffalo. One thing’s for sure, the Bruins are going to get a tired and mentally worn down team in the first round.
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 0
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 1
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 9
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 26
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 32
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1