Mar 31, 2012, 3:14 PM EDT
Bill Daly has been the go-to guy when it comes to finding out the latest details (or non-details) of what’s going on with the Phoenix Coyotes and the league’s attempt to sell the franchise.
Lisa Halverstadt of the Arizona Republic got word from Daly about the latest happenings with the forever potential sale of the team. This time around, Daly seemed a bit more cautious with his words.
“My message to Coyotes fans would be to sincerely thank them for their ongoing support of this franchise. Please understand that we are working hard and doing everything within our power to produce a positive result for this franchise in this city, and we have never wavered from that objective since the day we bought the club out of bankruptcy. While at some point, we may have no other choice but to explore alternatives, we are sincerely hopeful that we never reach that point.”
Let’s do the quick rundown here:
- A thank you to fans for being supportive.
- A statement about how the league’s first move is to keep them in town.
- An ominous warning that things might be forced to change should interest or ability to complete a sale come to an end.
In the past, Daly has been more than supportive of what’s gone on in Phoenix, to the point of being indignant about it. This statement shows a change in attitude about how the writing may be on the wall about the team being able to stay in Glendale.
Coyotes fans had best be rooting for their team to make the postseason so they can get at least a couple more games in the desert.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 7
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 3
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 30
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)