Mar 31, 2012, 3:14 PM EST
Bill Daly has been the go-to guy when it comes to finding out the latest details (or non-details) of what’s going on with the Phoenix Coyotes and the league’s attempt to sell the franchise.
Lisa Halverstadt of the Arizona Republic got word from Daly about the latest happenings with the forever potential sale of the team. This time around, Daly seemed a bit more cautious with his words.
“My message to Coyotes fans would be to sincerely thank them for their ongoing support of this franchise. Please understand that we are working hard and doing everything within our power to produce a positive result for this franchise in this city, and we have never wavered from that objective since the day we bought the club out of bankruptcy. While at some point, we may have no other choice but to explore alternatives, we are sincerely hopeful that we never reach that point.”
Let’s do the quick rundown here:
- A thank you to fans for being supportive.
- A statement about how the league’s first move is to keep them in town.
- An ominous warning that things might be forced to change should interest or ability to complete a sale come to an end.
In the past, Daly has been more than supportive of what’s gone on in Phoenix, to the point of being indignant about it. This statement shows a change in attitude about how the writing may be on the wall about the team being able to stay in Glendale.
Coyotes fans had best be rooting for their team to make the postseason so they can get at least a couple more games in the desert.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 16
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)