Mar 31, 2012, 3:14 PM EST
Bill Daly has been the go-to guy when it comes to finding out the latest details (or non-details) of what’s going on with the Phoenix Coyotes and the league’s attempt to sell the franchise.
Lisa Halverstadt of the Arizona Republic got word from Daly about the latest happenings with the forever potential sale of the team. This time around, Daly seemed a bit more cautious with his words.
“My message to Coyotes fans would be to sincerely thank them for their ongoing support of this franchise. Please understand that we are working hard and doing everything within our power to produce a positive result for this franchise in this city, and we have never wavered from that objective since the day we bought the club out of bankruptcy. While at some point, we may have no other choice but to explore alternatives, we are sincerely hopeful that we never reach that point.”
Let’s do the quick rundown here:
- A thank you to fans for being supportive.
- A statement about how the league’s first move is to keep them in town.
- An ominous warning that things might be forced to change should interest or ability to complete a sale come to an end.
In the past, Daly has been more than supportive of what’s gone on in Phoenix, to the point of being indignant about it. This statement shows a change in attitude about how the writing may be on the wall about the team being able to stay in Glendale.
Coyotes fans had best be rooting for their team to make the postseason so they can get at least a couple more games in the desert.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 89
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (89)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)