Mar 31, 2012, 3:14 PM EDT
Bill Daly has been the go-to guy when it comes to finding out the latest details (or non-details) of what’s going on with the Phoenix Coyotes and the league’s attempt to sell the franchise.
Lisa Halverstadt of the Arizona Republic got word from Daly about the latest happenings with the forever potential sale of the team. This time around, Daly seemed a bit more cautious with his words.
“My message to Coyotes fans would be to sincerely thank them for their ongoing support of this franchise. Please understand that we are working hard and doing everything within our power to produce a positive result for this franchise in this city, and we have never wavered from that objective since the day we bought the club out of bankruptcy. While at some point, we may have no other choice but to explore alternatives, we are sincerely hopeful that we never reach that point.”
Let’s do the quick rundown here:
- A thank you to fans for being supportive.
- A statement about how the league’s first move is to keep them in town.
- An ominous warning that things might be forced to change should interest or ability to complete a sale come to an end.
In the past, Daly has been more than supportive of what’s gone on in Phoenix, to the point of being indignant about it. This statement shows a change in attitude about how the writing may be on the wall about the team being able to stay in Glendale.
Coyotes fans had best be rooting for their team to make the postseason so they can get at least a couple more games in the desert.
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 7
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 31
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 25
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)