Mar 31, 2012, 3:14 PM EST
Bill Daly has been the go-to guy when it comes to finding out the latest details (or non-details) of what’s going on with the Phoenix Coyotes and the league’s attempt to sell the franchise.
Lisa Halverstadt of the Arizona Republic got word from Daly about the latest happenings with the forever potential sale of the team. This time around, Daly seemed a bit more cautious with his words.
“My message to Coyotes fans would be to sincerely thank them for their ongoing support of this franchise. Please understand that we are working hard and doing everything within our power to produce a positive result for this franchise in this city, and we have never wavered from that objective since the day we bought the club out of bankruptcy. While at some point, we may have no other choice but to explore alternatives, we are sincerely hopeful that we never reach that point.”
Let’s do the quick rundown here:
- A thank you to fans for being supportive.
- A statement about how the league’s first move is to keep them in town.
- An ominous warning that things might be forced to change should interest or ability to complete a sale come to an end.
In the past, Daly has been more than supportive of what’s gone on in Phoenix, to the point of being indignant about it. This statement shows a change in attitude about how the writing may be on the wall about the team being able to stay in Glendale.
Coyotes fans had best be rooting for their team to make the postseason so they can get at least a couple more games in the desert.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 37
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)