Mar 30, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
It took New Jersey Devils defenseman Marek Zidlicky a few days to get over what happened in Sunday’s 5-2 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Four days, in fact.
On Thursday, Zidlicky addressed the two plays in which Crosby danced around him for scoring opportunities, the second one resulting in this goal:
“It’s embarrassing, but you can’t let it bother you on your next shift or in your next couple of games,” Zidlicky told The Star-Ledger. “I know he scored a goal on one, but that’s what happens. That’s hockey. You have to be ready on your next shift to do the right thing. You can’t be thinking about your mistakes.”
In a weird twist, this isn’t the first time Crosby’s put Zidlicky in the spotlight. The two scrapped in 2009, the fourth of No. 87’s five career fights:
Zidlicky said if he and Crosby cross paths again, he’ll be ready to deal with him.
“He’s a tough guy. You have to make sure if he’s beside you, don’t play the puck. Play him,” he said. “That’s what happened when we played Pittsburgh. I tried to play the puck. You have to be careful, especially against the top guys.”
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)