Mar 30, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
It took New Jersey Devils defenseman Marek Zidlicky a few days to get over what happened in Sunday’s 5-2 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Four days, in fact.
On Thursday, Zidlicky addressed the two plays in which Crosby danced around him for scoring opportunities, the second one resulting in this goal:
“It’s embarrassing, but you can’t let it bother you on your next shift or in your next couple of games,” Zidlicky told The Star-Ledger. “I know he scored a goal on one, but that’s what happens. That’s hockey. You have to be ready on your next shift to do the right thing. You can’t be thinking about your mistakes.”
In a weird twist, this isn’t the first time Crosby’s put Zidlicky in the spotlight. The two scrapped in 2009, the fourth of No. 87’s five career fights:
Zidlicky said if he and Crosby cross paths again, he’ll be ready to deal with him.
“He’s a tough guy. You have to make sure if he’s beside you, don’t play the puck. Play him,” he said. “That’s what happened when we played Pittsburgh. I tried to play the puck. You have to be careful, especially against the top guys.”
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 1
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 1
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 6
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 25
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)