Mar 30, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
It took New Jersey Devils defenseman Marek Zidlicky a few days to get over what happened in Sunday’s 5-2 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Four days, in fact.
On Thursday, Zidlicky addressed the two plays in which Crosby danced around him for scoring opportunities, the second one resulting in this goal:
“It’s embarrassing, but you can’t let it bother you on your next shift or in your next couple of games,” Zidlicky told The Star-Ledger. “I know he scored a goal on one, but that’s what happens. That’s hockey. You have to be ready on your next shift to do the right thing. You can’t be thinking about your mistakes.”
In a weird twist, this isn’t the first time Crosby’s put Zidlicky in the spotlight. The two scrapped in 2009, the fourth of No. 87′s five career fights:
Zidlicky said if he and Crosby cross paths again, he’ll be ready to deal with him.
“He’s a tough guy. You have to make sure if he’s beside you, don’t play the puck. Play him,” he said. “That’s what happened when we played Pittsburgh. I tried to play the puck. You have to be careful, especially against the top guys.”
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 47
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 50
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)