Mar 30, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
It took New Jersey Devils defenseman Marek Zidlicky a few days to get over what happened in Sunday’s 5-2 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Four days, in fact.
On Thursday, Zidlicky addressed the two plays in which Crosby danced around him for scoring opportunities, the second one resulting in this goal:
“It’s embarrassing, but you can’t let it bother you on your next shift or in your next couple of games,” Zidlicky told The Star-Ledger. “I know he scored a goal on one, but that’s what happens. That’s hockey. You have to be ready on your next shift to do the right thing. You can’t be thinking about your mistakes.”
In a weird twist, this isn’t the first time Crosby’s put Zidlicky in the spotlight. The two scrapped in 2009, the fourth of No. 87’s five career fights:
Zidlicky said if he and Crosby cross paths again, he’ll be ready to deal with him.
“He’s a tough guy. You have to make sure if he’s beside you, don’t play the puck. Play him,” he said. “That’s what happened when we played Pittsburgh. I tried to play the puck. You have to be careful, especially against the top guys.”
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)