Mar 30, 2012, 3:27 PM EDT
Following San Jose’s 2-0 loss to Phoenix last night — which dropped the Sharks to ninth in the Western Conference — the CSN Bay Area postgame show featured a pretty sharp exchange between Senior Insider Ray Ratto and Sharks color man Drew Remenda.
Check it out:
(Here’s an extended version, complete with Ratto’s response)
Tensions are obviously high in San Jose right now. The Sharks haven’t finished lower than fifth in the Western Conference since the lockout and have made the playoffs in 13 of the last 14 seasons.
Being on the outside of the postseason picture with four games left in the regular season is a very unfamiliar (and uncomfortable) position, which probably explains why both parties were so exasperated last night.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 17
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 17
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (79)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)