Mar 30, 2012, 3:27 PM EDT
Following San Jose’s 2-0 loss to Phoenix last night — which dropped the Sharks to ninth in the Western Conference — the CSN Bay Area postgame show featured a pretty sharp exchange between Senior Insider Ray Ratto and Sharks color man Drew Remenda.
Check it out:
(Here’s an extended version, complete with Ratto’s response)
Tensions are obviously high in San Jose right now. The Sharks haven’t finished lower than fifth in the Western Conference since the lockout and have made the playoffs in 13 of the last 14 seasons.
Being on the outside of the postseason picture with four games left in the regular season is a very unfamiliar (and uncomfortable) position, which probably explains why both parties were so exasperated last night.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18