Mar 30, 2012, 3:27 PM EST
Following San Jose’s 2-0 loss to Phoenix last night — which dropped the Sharks to ninth in the Western Conference — the CSN Bay Area postgame show featured a pretty sharp exchange between Senior Insider Ray Ratto and Sharks color man Drew Remenda.
Check it out:
(Here’s an extended version, complete with Ratto’s response)
Tensions are obviously high in San Jose right now. The Sharks haven’t finished lower than fifth in the Western Conference since the lockout and have made the playoffs in 13 of the last 14 seasons.
Being on the outside of the postseason picture with four games left in the regular season is a very unfamiliar (and uncomfortable) position, which probably explains why both parties were so exasperated last night.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)