Mar 30, 2012, 3:27 PM EDT
Following San Jose’s 2-0 loss to Phoenix last night — which dropped the Sharks to ninth in the Western Conference — the CSN Bay Area postgame show featured a pretty sharp exchange between Senior Insider Ray Ratto and Sharks color man Drew Remenda.
Check it out:
(Here’s an extended version, complete with Ratto’s response)
Tensions are obviously high in San Jose right now. The Sharks haven’t finished lower than fifth in the Western Conference since the lockout and have made the playoffs in 13 of the last 14 seasons.
Being on the outside of the postseason picture with four games left in the regular season is a very unfamiliar (and uncomfortable) position, which probably explains why both parties were so exasperated last night.
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 6
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 36
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)