Mar 30, 2012, 3:27 PM EDT
Following San Jose’s 2-0 loss to Phoenix last night — which dropped the Sharks to ninth in the Western Conference — the CSN Bay Area postgame show featured a pretty sharp exchange between Senior Insider Ray Ratto and Sharks color man Drew Remenda.
Check it out:
(Here’s an extended version, complete with Ratto’s response)
Tensions are obviously high in San Jose right now. The Sharks haven’t finished lower than fifth in the Western Conference since the lockout and have made the playoffs in 13 of the last 14 seasons.
Being on the outside of the postseason picture with four games left in the regular season is a very unfamiliar (and uncomfortable) position, which probably explains why both parties were so exasperated last night.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)