Mar 30, 2012, 9:30 AM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins suffered a 5-3 loss to the New York Islanders on Wednesday, but Evgeni Malkin did improve his chances of winning the Hart Trophy by reaching the 100-point mark. You can check out the play below.
Malkin has missed seven games this season, but no one is even close to him in terms of points. That being said, Tampa Bay’s Steven Stamkos and Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist could both give him a run for his money in the Hart Trophy vote.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 7
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 30
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32