Mar 30, 2012, 6:07 PM EST
Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov will miss Saturday’s game against Ottawa but could be back Sunday in Pittsburgh, reports CSNPhilly.com. His most likely return date, however, is Tuesday versus the Rangers.
Bryzgalov suffered a chip fracture in his right foot Monday during the pre-game warmup. It didn’t stop him from facing the Lightning, but only because he’s a tough Russian (his words, not ours).
“I felt pain,” Bryzgalov said. “In the morning, it was the same thing. Not any better. I felt something was wrong and that’s why we got the MRI and found the fracture in my foot, unfortunately.
“I was lucky because it was not that bad, because I’m tough and Russian.”
Philadelphia still has fourth spot in the Eastern Conference to play for, which would give them home-ice advantage over the Penguins in the first round. But they’re not desperate enough to gamble with Bryzgalov’s health, tough and Russian as he may be.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 0
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 6
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 34
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11