Mar 30, 2012, 6:07 PM EDT
Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov will miss Saturday’s game against Ottawa but could be back Sunday in Pittsburgh, reports CSNPhilly.com. His most likely return date, however, is Tuesday versus the Rangers.
Bryzgalov suffered a chip fracture in his right foot Monday during the pre-game warmup. It didn’t stop him from facing the Lightning, but only because he’s a tough Russian (his words, not ours).
“I felt pain,” Bryzgalov said. “In the morning, it was the same thing. Not any better. I felt something was wrong and that’s why we got the MRI and found the fracture in my foot, unfortunately.
“I was lucky because it was not that bad, because I’m tough and Russian.”
Philadelphia still has fourth spot in the Eastern Conference to play for, which would give them home-ice advantage over the Penguins in the first round. But they’re not desperate enough to gamble with Bryzgalov’s health, tough and Russian as he may be.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 2
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 20
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 37
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 57
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 15
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20