Mar 30, 2012, 6:07 PM EDT
Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov will miss Saturday’s game against Ottawa but could be back Sunday in Pittsburgh, reports CSNPhilly.com. His most likely return date, however, is Tuesday versus the Rangers.
Bryzgalov suffered a chip fracture in his right foot Monday during the pre-game warmup. It didn’t stop him from facing the Lightning, but only because he’s a tough Russian (his words, not ours).
“I felt pain,” Bryzgalov said. “In the morning, it was the same thing. Not any better. I felt something was wrong and that’s why we got the MRI and found the fracture in my foot, unfortunately.
“I was lucky because it was not that bad, because I’m tough and Russian.”
Philadelphia still has fourth spot in the Eastern Conference to play for, which would give them home-ice advantage over the Penguins in the first round. But they’re not desperate enough to gamble with Bryzgalov’s health, tough and Russian as he may be.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5