Mar 30, 2012, 6:07 PM EDT
Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov will miss Saturday’s game against Ottawa but could be back Sunday in Pittsburgh, reports CSNPhilly.com. His most likely return date, however, is Tuesday versus the Rangers.
Bryzgalov suffered a chip fracture in his right foot Monday during the pre-game warmup. It didn’t stop him from facing the Lightning, but only because he’s a tough Russian (his words, not ours).
“I felt pain,” Bryzgalov said. “In the morning, it was the same thing. Not any better. I felt something was wrong and that’s why we got the MRI and found the fracture in my foot, unfortunately.
“I was lucky because it was not that bad, because I’m tough and Russian.”
Philadelphia still has fourth spot in the Eastern Conference to play for, which would give them home-ice advantage over the Penguins in the first round. But they’re not desperate enough to gamble with Bryzgalov’s health, tough and Russian as he may be.
- Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates 0
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 19
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 13
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 4
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 26
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)