Mar 30, 2012, 6:07 PM EST
Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov will miss Saturday’s game against Ottawa but could be back Sunday in Pittsburgh, reports CSNPhilly.com. His most likely return date, however, is Tuesday versus the Rangers.
Bryzgalov suffered a chip fracture in his right foot Monday during the pre-game warmup. It didn’t stop him from facing the Lightning, but only because he’s a tough Russian (his words, not ours).
“I felt pain,” Bryzgalov said. “In the morning, it was the same thing. Not any better. I felt something was wrong and that’s why we got the MRI and found the fracture in my foot, unfortunately.
“I was lucky because it was not that bad, because I’m tough and Russian.”
Philadelphia still has fourth spot in the Eastern Conference to play for, which would give them home-ice advantage over the Penguins in the first round. But they’re not desperate enough to gamble with Bryzgalov’s health, tough and Russian as he may be.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 20
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 33
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 16
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)