Sens prospect is solving the world’s problems one peanut butter jar at a time

Mar 30, 2012, 3:01 PM EST

Ottawa Senators Official NHL Headshots

First off, you can save your “slow news day?” comments – this is important.

Via the Toronto Star:

It’s a frustration peanut butter lovers know all too well: getting to the butter at the bottom of the jar.

Sometimes, it means awkwardly shoving your hand in, leaving it covered in brown paste. Others throw out the container before the last remnants are scooped up.

But Ottawa Senators prospect Darren Kramer has a solution.

The captain of the Western Hockey League’s Spokane Chiefs and sixth-round pick in the 2011 NHL draft is hoping his idea for a simple yet innovative double-twist jar takes off.

In Kramer’s patent-pending design, the top half of the jar twists off for easy access to the remaining peanut butter. The lid screws on the bottom half, if needed.

Kramer explains his design here:

Suffice to say this needs to happen. Maybe not for the small- to medium-sized peanut butter jars, but definitely for the big ones. I specifically avoid buying the big jars for this reason, even though they’re a better deal and I’m super cheap.

Hopefully Kramer can come up with other inventions, too. Like maybe a time machine or some sort of device that makes it possible to have a conversation with pets.

1. govtminion - Mar 30, 2012 at 3:06 PM

I… you know, I was going to make a joke about Ottawa, but I just can’t. That actually is a pretty awesome idea, I’ll give the kid the credit he’s due on something that cool.

2. sjhaack - Mar 30, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Nooooooooooooooooo! I’ve been thinking about this for years and I get beaten to the punch by a hockey player.

Damn you, Ottawa!

3. bigkniht37 - Mar 30, 2012 at 4:10 PM

well this is a useful invention coming from someone named kramer! unlike the oil bladder system…someone catch this reference please.

• Jason Brough - Mar 30, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I can’t believe I missed adding a Kramerica reference. Inexcusable.

4. geo91 - Mar 30, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!!!

5. pensfan29 - Mar 30, 2012 at 5:05 PM

give this man a nobel prize!

6. ikillchicken - Mar 30, 2012 at 5:31 PM

That. Is. Brilliant.

7. hibackhand - Mar 30, 2012 at 5:57 PM

best, cheapest dog toy: milk bone inside a empty plastic peanut butter jar. Will chase and play with it for hours.

Eakins on his way out of Edmonton?

Top 10 NHL Player Searches