Mar 30, 2012, 3:01 PM EST
First off, you can save your “slow news day?” comments – this is important.
Via the Toronto Star:
It’s a frustration peanut butter lovers know all too well: getting to the butter at the bottom of the jar.
Sometimes, it means awkwardly shoving your hand in, leaving it covered in brown paste. Others throw out the container before the last remnants are scooped up.
But Ottawa Senators prospect Darren Kramer has a solution.
The captain of the Western Hockey League’s Spokane Chiefs and sixth-round pick in the 2011 NHL draft is hoping his idea for a simple yet innovative double-twist jar takes off.
In Kramer’s patent-pending design, the top half of the jar twists off for easy access to the remaining peanut butter. The lid screws on the bottom half, if needed.
Kramer explains his design here:
Suffice to say this needs to happen. Maybe not for the small- to medium-sized peanut butter jars, but definitely for the big ones. I specifically avoid buying the big jars for this reason, even though they’re a better deal and I’m super cheap.
Hopefully Kramer can come up with other inventions, too. Like maybe a time machine or some sort of device that makes it possible to have a conversation with pets.
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 7
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 30
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 96
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (96)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)