Mar 30, 2012, 3:01 PM EST
First off, you can save your “slow news day?” comments – this is important.
Via the Toronto Star:
It’s a frustration peanut butter lovers know all too well: getting to the butter at the bottom of the jar.
Sometimes, it means awkwardly shoving your hand in, leaving it covered in brown paste. Others throw out the container before the last remnants are scooped up.
But Ottawa Senators prospect Darren Kramer has a solution.
The captain of the Western Hockey League’s Spokane Chiefs and sixth-round pick in the 2011 NHL draft is hoping his idea for a simple yet innovative double-twist jar takes off.
In Kramer’s patent-pending design, the top half of the jar twists off for easy access to the remaining peanut butter. The lid screws on the bottom half, if needed.
Kramer explains his design here:
Suffice to say this needs to happen. Maybe not for the small- to medium-sized peanut butter jars, but definitely for the big ones. I specifically avoid buying the big jars for this reason, even though they’re a better deal and I’m super cheap.
Hopefully Kramer can come up with other inventions, too. Like maybe a time machine or some sort of device that makes it possible to have a conversation with pets.
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 3
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 8
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 52
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 75
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (137)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)