Mar 30, 2012, 3:01 PM EDT
First off, you can save your “slow news day?” comments – this is important.
Via the Toronto Star:
It’s a frustration peanut butter lovers know all too well: getting to the butter at the bottom of the jar.
Sometimes, it means awkwardly shoving your hand in, leaving it covered in brown paste. Others throw out the container before the last remnants are scooped up.
But Ottawa Senators prospect Darren Kramer has a solution.
The captain of the Western Hockey League’s Spokane Chiefs and sixth-round pick in the 2011 NHL draft is hoping his idea for a simple yet innovative double-twist jar takes off.
In Kramer’s patent-pending design, the top half of the jar twists off for easy access to the remaining peanut butter. The lid screws on the bottom half, if needed.
Kramer explains his design here:
Suffice to say this needs to happen. Maybe not for the small- to medium-sized peanut butter jars, but definitely for the big ones. I specifically avoid buying the big jars for this reason, even though they’re a better deal and I’m super cheap.
Hopefully Kramer can come up with other inventions, too. Like maybe a time machine or some sort of device that makes it possible to have a conversation with pets.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)