Mar 30, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Jeff Carter is likely to miss tonight’s game with an ankle injury. Carter’s been quite helpful in the Los Angeles Kings’ turnaround, but he’s still had an ailment-plagued 2011-12 season. His cap hit obviously is friendly, but the term becomes more of a worry when he keeps dealing with bumps and bruises. (Los Angeles Times)
Chicago Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville received a vote of confidence, which is odd for a guy who’s about to make the playoffs in four out of four seasons with the team and also won their first Stanley Cup in ages. If you want another measure of how far this franchise has come in the last five years or so, this is one of the best ones. (CSNChicago.com)
The Colorado Avalanche might just be 30 out of 30th in the NHL when it comes to teams getting along with bloggers – at least considering that they could probably use the actual ink, digital or otherwise – but the Denver Post is the only outlet that is credentialed to cover them. James “Tapleg” Gralian hopes to put together a “blogger summit” to try to change that. (Jerseys and Hockey Love)
It could be some time before he matches Nicklas Lidstrom‘s defensive prowess – if ever – but Erik Karlsson is already putting up numbers that make him among the most productive Swedish blueliners ever. In fact, with 76 points so far, Bruce Garrioch points out that it’s possible Karlsson could tie (or pass) Lidstrom’s Swedish blueliner points record of 80 points, which Lidstrom set in 2006-06. (Ottawa Sun)
Mike Smith looked like the goalie we thought he was when the San Jose Sharks whooped him and the Phoenix Coyotes to open this season. Perhaps it only makes sense that dominating the Sharks has been a big part of his renaissance, as Jim Gintonio discusses his three shutouts against San Jose this season. (AZ Central)
Humiliating the Toronto Maple Leafs last night might really boost the confidence of the Philadelphia Flyers’ rookies. (CSNPhilly.com)
Mar 2, 2015, 4:00 PM EST
All the latest leading up to 3 p.m. ET…
Mar 2, 2015, 3:57 PM EST
They were “adamant” about bolstering their blue line.
Mar 2, 2015, 3:44 PM EST
Second trade of the day for Boston.
Mar 2, 2015, 3:38 PM EST
Former 13th overall pick.
Mar 2, 2015, 3:20 PM EST
A 31-year-old for a 23-year-old.
Mar 2, 2015, 3:15 PM EST
For the price of a second-round pick in 2017.
Mar 2, 2015, 3:07 PM EST
Busy day for Montreal.
Mar 2, 2015, 3:06 PM EST
Speedy winger was rumored to be a trade deadline target.
Mar 2, 2015, 2:58 PM EST
Kids. They do the darndest things.
Mar 2, 2015, 2:43 PM EST
Has only been to the playoffs once in his career.
Mar 2, 2015, 2:38 PM EST
New York gets Mark Louis in the deal.
Mar 2, 2015, 2:23 PM EST
It’s the veteran’s third team this season.
Mar 2, 2015, 2:18 PM EST
Couple of minor-league forwards switch clubs.
Mar 2, 2015, 1:49 PM EST
Buffalo also gets a third-round pick in 2016.
Mar 2, 2015, 1:44 PM EST
Doug Wilson, making deals.
Mar 2, 2015, 1:41 PM EST
San Jose gets a conditional 2015 or 2016 draft pick in return.
Mar 2, 2015, 1:40 PM EST
Jim Rutherford and Doug Armstrong orchestrate another.
Mar 2, 2015, 1:15 PM EST
Yes, he shoots right.
Mar 2, 2015, 1:02 PM EST
Western Conference foes flip forwards.
Mar 2, 2015, 12:32 PM EST
The goaltender led the Sens to three straight wins.
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 15
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 3
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 24
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 38
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 12
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 63
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (166)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)