Mar 30, 2012, 10:01 AM EDT
Scott Hartnell has an uphill battle ahead of him, and I’m not talking about the Philadelphia Flyers’ upcoming playoff run. The voting has begun for the EA Sports NHL 13 cover and round one pits two players on each team against each other. In the case of the Philadelphia Flyers that’s the team’s points leader, Claude Giroux, and Hartnell.
Both players have taken to Twitter to appeal for votes, but it’s fair to say that Hartnell has campaigned more aggressively so far. Hartnell also suggested that if he’s on the cover, it would be the first time that featured player is shown lying on the ice.
Hartnell is certainly the underdog in this fight, although his contributions for the Philadelphia Flyers this season shouldn’t be understated. It’s rare to see a player that does as much offensively while also displaying a willingness to throw his body around and get into fights. Of those who have at least 60 points this season, only Alex Ovechkin has recorded more hits and no one has accumulated more penalty minutes.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5