Mar 30, 2012, 10:01 AM EDT
Scott Hartnell has an uphill battle ahead of him, and I’m not talking about the Philadelphia Flyers’ upcoming playoff run. The voting has begun for the EA Sports NHL 13 cover and round one pits two players on each team against each other. In the case of the Philadelphia Flyers that’s the team’s points leader, Claude Giroux, and Hartnell.
Both players have taken to Twitter to appeal for votes, but it’s fair to say that Hartnell has campaigned more aggressively so far. Hartnell also suggested that if he’s on the cover, it would be the first time that featured player is shown lying on the ice.
Hartnell is certainly the underdog in this fight, although his contributions for the Philadelphia Flyers this season shouldn’t be understated. It’s rare to see a player that does as much offensively while also displaying a willingness to throw his body around and get into fights. Of those who have at least 60 points this season, only Alex Ovechkin has recorded more hits and no one has accumulated more penalty minutes.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)