Mar 30, 2012, 10:01 AM EDT
Scott Hartnell has an uphill battle ahead of him, and I’m not talking about the Philadelphia Flyers’ upcoming playoff run. The voting has begun for the EA Sports NHL 13 cover and round one pits two players on each team against each other. In the case of the Philadelphia Flyers that’s the team’s points leader, Claude Giroux, and Hartnell.
Both players have taken to Twitter to appeal for votes, but it’s fair to say that Hartnell has campaigned more aggressively so far. Hartnell also suggested that if he’s on the cover, it would be the first time that featured player is shown lying on the ice.
Hartnell is certainly the underdog in this fight, although his contributions for the Philadelphia Flyers this season shouldn’t be understated. It’s rare to see a player that does as much offensively while also displaying a willingness to throw his body around and get into fights. Of those who have at least 60 points this season, only Alex Ovechkin has recorded more hits and no one has accumulated more penalty minutes.
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 0
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 8
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 2
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 30
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 32
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)