Mar 30, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
It’s easy – almost natural – for people to be negative about the Canucks, especially if those people are located in Vancouver. When you look at the situation out West, it’s not crazy to call them elite, although having a healthy Daniel Sedin is a big part of that puzzle. “Healthy” might be a relative term, yet Canucks GM Mike Gillis told the Vancouver Sun that the star winger is making progress toward a return by the first round of the playoffs.
“It’s risky to make projections with these things because one day the player just may not feel right, but he’s going in the right direction,” Gillis said. “He’s feeling a little better each day. We’re hopeful if things keep going the way they are that he’ll be available [for the first round].”
Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy provides more specific details about his recovery process.
As for Daniel Sedin, he was spotted at the rink on Wednesday. I’m told Daniel is feeling better than he did the days right after Duncan Keith‘s elbow knocked him out of the line-up with a concussion. Daniel is still suffering from headaches, however, and cannot exercise at all until he is symptom free.
Canucks fans and the team should be heartened to hear that Daniel Sedin is making progress, although to steal a phrase from Gillis, it’s probably risky to assume that he’s a lock to be in the lineup once the first round begins.
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 13
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)