Mar 30, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
It’s easy – almost natural – for people to be negative about the Canucks, especially if those people are located in Vancouver. When you look at the situation out West, it’s not crazy to call them elite, although having a healthy Daniel Sedin is a big part of that puzzle. “Healthy” might be a relative term, yet Canucks GM Mike Gillis told the Vancouver Sun that the star winger is making progress toward a return by the first round of the playoffs.
“It’s risky to make projections with these things because one day the player just may not feel right, but he’s going in the right direction,” Gillis said. “He’s feeling a little better each day. We’re hopeful if things keep going the way they are that he’ll be available [for the first round].”
Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy provides more specific details about his recovery process.
As for Daniel Sedin, he was spotted at the rink on Wednesday. I’m told Daniel is feeling better than he did the days right after Duncan Keith‘s elbow knocked him out of the line-up with a concussion. Daniel is still suffering from headaches, however, and cannot exercise at all until he is symptom free.
Canucks fans and the team should be heartened to hear that Daniel Sedin is making progress, although to steal a phrase from Gillis, it’s probably risky to assume that he’s a lock to be in the lineup once the first round begins.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)