Mar 29, 2012, 12:52 PM EDT
The Predators lost their fifth game in eight tries Tuesday night, falling 3-0 to the Blues in St. Louis. And despite the fact six of those eight games came on the road, mostly against strong competition, some are starting to wonder if all the recent personnel moves have negatively affected Nashville’s renowned team chemistry.
But while coach Barry Trotz thinks there’s something to the chemistry theory, he also believes it’s better than the alternative.
“Our team was very, very young and we played a certain way and we had a pretty good chemistry before the trading deadline,” Trotz said, as per The Tennessean. “But we weren’t structured to having a chance to do anything in the playoffs. We needed to add some pieces and (general manager) David Poile and our ownership went out and found all those things that we needed.”
Trotz added: “When you have new players come in there is an adjustment period, and sometimes the adjustment period is good and things fall into place; other times it takes a little bit.”
The Preds are in Detroit tomorrow to play the Red Wings, a team they’re very likely to face in the first round. And with just five games left in the season, time’s running out to finalize everyone’s roles before their most important playoff appearance in franchise history.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 11
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 9
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 94
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)