Mar 29, 2012, 12:52 PM EST
The Predators lost their fifth game in eight tries Tuesday night, falling 3-0 to the Blues in St. Louis. And despite the fact six of those eight games came on the road, mostly against strong competition, some are starting to wonder if all the recent personnel moves have negatively affected Nashville’s renowned team chemistry.
But while coach Barry Trotz thinks there’s something to the chemistry theory, he also believes it’s better than the alternative.
“Our team was very, very young and we played a certain way and we had a pretty good chemistry before the trading deadline,” Trotz said, as per The Tennessean. “But we weren’t structured to having a chance to do anything in the playoffs. We needed to add some pieces and (general manager) David Poile and our ownership went out and found all those things that we needed.”
Trotz added: “When you have new players come in there is an adjustment period, and sometimes the adjustment period is good and things fall into place; other times it takes a little bit.”
The Preds are in Detroit tomorrow to play the Red Wings, a team they’re very likely to face in the first round. And with just five games left in the season, time’s running out to finalize everyone’s roles before their most important playoff appearance in franchise history.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 44
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)