Mar 29, 2012, 3:34 PM EST
On Thursday, St. Louis Blues GM Doug Armstrong announced the club had activated forward Matt D’Agostini from injured reserve. D’Agostini, 25, had missed the last 25 games with a concussion suffered in a Feb. 7 game against the Ottawa Senators.
With the news, the Blues got a little bit closer to full health, a scary proposition for the rest of the NHL. Assuming there are no setbacks, they’ll likely have their full lineup available for the opening playoff round.
The NHL leaders are now without just two regulars: Andy McDonald (shoulder) and Roman Polak (knee). McDonald is listed as day-to-day and should return prior to the start of the postseason; Polak’s return appears close as well (he skated before practice on Tuesday.)
As for D’Agostini, he’ll be a welcome addition to St. Louis’ forward depth. Last season he notched 21 goals and 46 points, finishing fifth on the team in scoring — this season, nine goals, nine assists, 22 penalty minutes and a plus-15 rating in 52 games.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 57
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 72
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (142)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (72)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)