Mar 29, 2012, 3:34 PM EST
On Thursday, St. Louis Blues GM Doug Armstrong announced the club had activated forward Matt D’Agostini from injured reserve. D’Agostini, 25, had missed the last 25 games with a concussion suffered in a Feb. 7 game against the Ottawa Senators.
With the news, the Blues got a little bit closer to full health, a scary proposition for the rest of the NHL. Assuming there are no setbacks, they’ll likely have their full lineup available for the opening playoff round.
The NHL leaders are now without just two regulars: Andy McDonald (shoulder) and Roman Polak (knee). McDonald is listed as day-to-day and should return prior to the start of the postseason; Polak’s return appears close as well (he skated before practice on Tuesday.)
As for D’Agostini, he’ll be a welcome addition to St. Louis’ forward depth. Last season he notched 21 goals and 46 points, finishing fifth on the team in scoring — this season, nine goals, nine assists, 22 penalty minutes and a plus-15 rating in 52 games.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 9
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 40
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)