Mar 28, 2012, 10:27 AM EDT
With Tebow now part of the New York Jets, who conveniently play their games in New Jersey, that means Parise’s turf as the most lovable guy in the Garden State is threatened. Parise tells Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice that he just doesn’t get what all the hubbub is about with the Jets’ new quarterback.
“I don’t care for it,” Parise said. “Why is a backup quarterback having a press conference?”
More than 200 media members attended Tebow’s introductory news conference Monday at the Jets’ practice facility in Florham Park.
“That doesn’t make sense to me,” Parise said.
Meanwhile in Newark, the Devils are this close to clinching a playoff berth and are set up to be a dangerous team in the Eastern Conference playoffs all the while Parise is leading the way. Tough times, indeed.
Maybe there’ll be a big press conference for Parise come summertime in New Jersey if he wins the Stanley Cup or signs a long-term deal with the team. Then again, if Parise or any Devils get banged up in the postseason, don’t expect to see Tebow come rolling into town for the laying of hands to help out.
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 10
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 14
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 15
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 49
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (61)