Mar 28, 2012, 10:27 AM EDT
With Tebow now part of the New York Jets, who conveniently play their games in New Jersey, that means Parise’s turf as the most lovable guy in the Garden State is threatened. Parise tells Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice that he just doesn’t get what all the hubbub is about with the Jets’ new quarterback.
“I don’t care for it,” Parise said. “Why is a backup quarterback having a press conference?”
More than 200 media members attended Tebow’s introductory news conference Monday at the Jets’ practice facility in Florham Park.
“That doesn’t make sense to me,” Parise said.
Meanwhile in Newark, the Devils are this close to clinching a playoff berth and are set up to be a dangerous team in the Eastern Conference playoffs all the while Parise is leading the way. Tough times, indeed.
Maybe there’ll be a big press conference for Parise come summertime in New Jersey if he wins the Stanley Cup or signs a long-term deal with the team. Then again, if Parise or any Devils get banged up in the postseason, don’t expect to see Tebow come rolling into town for the laying of hands to help out.
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 7
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 55
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 34
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (56)