Mar 28, 2012, 10:27 AM EDT
With Tebow now part of the New York Jets, who conveniently play their games in New Jersey, that means Parise’s turf as the most lovable guy in the Garden State is threatened. Parise tells Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice that he just doesn’t get what all the hubbub is about with the Jets’ new quarterback.
“I don’t care for it,” Parise said. “Why is a backup quarterback having a press conference?”
More than 200 media members attended Tebow’s introductory news conference Monday at the Jets’ practice facility in Florham Park.
“That doesn’t make sense to me,” Parise said.
Meanwhile in Newark, the Devils are this close to clinching a playoff berth and are set up to be a dangerous team in the Eastern Conference playoffs all the while Parise is leading the way. Tough times, indeed.
Maybe there’ll be a big press conference for Parise come summertime in New Jersey if he wins the Stanley Cup or signs a long-term deal with the team. Then again, if Parise or any Devils get banged up in the postseason, don’t expect to see Tebow come rolling into town for the laying of hands to help out.
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 3
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 45
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 43
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 55
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 27
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal