Mar 28, 2012, 10:27 AM EDT
With Tebow now part of the New York Jets, who conveniently play their games in New Jersey, that means Parise’s turf as the most lovable guy in the Garden State is threatened. Parise tells Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice that he just doesn’t get what all the hubbub is about with the Jets’ new quarterback.
“I don’t care for it,” Parise said. “Why is a backup quarterback having a press conference?”
More than 200 media members attended Tebow’s introductory news conference Monday at the Jets’ practice facility in Florham Park.
“That doesn’t make sense to me,” Parise said.
Meanwhile in Newark, the Devils are this close to clinching a playoff berth and are set up to be a dangerous team in the Eastern Conference playoffs all the while Parise is leading the way. Tough times, indeed.
Maybe there’ll be a big press conference for Parise come summertime in New Jersey if he wins the Stanley Cup or signs a long-term deal with the team. Then again, if Parise or any Devils get banged up in the postseason, don’t expect to see Tebow come rolling into town for the laying of hands to help out.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 21
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 11
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54