Mar 28, 2012, 8:23 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres and Washington Capitals essentially went into last night’s big game in the same place and Buffalo’s lead is small yet substantial, but more than anything else, it feels like so much more. Then again, if this season’s tightest stretch runs provide any lessons, it’s this: don’t ever assume anything.
Keith Jones and Mike Milbury went on NBC Sports Talk to discuss the rising Sabres, the falling Capitals and some surprising struggles for the Pittsburgh Penguins in the video below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46