Mar 28, 2012, 8:23 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres and Washington Capitals essentially went into last night’s big game in the same place and Buffalo’s lead is small yet substantial, but more than anything else, it feels like so much more. Then again, if this season’s tightest stretch runs provide any lessons, it’s this: don’t ever assume anything.
Keith Jones and Mike Milbury went on NBC Sports Talk to discuss the rising Sabres, the falling Capitals and some surprising struggles for the Pittsburgh Penguins in the video below.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 22
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 46
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 78
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires