Mar 28, 2012, 2:46 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks didn’t actually use the word “riot” in today’s press release trumpeting the club’s “This is Our Home” public service ads.
Then again, they didn’t need to.
‘This is Our Home’ shares a message of unity, respect and civic pride using the collective voice of Canucks fans, players and alumni.
Filmed in over 20 locations throughout Greater Vancouver ‘This is Our Home’ features Vancouver Canucks captain, Henrik Sedin, alternate captains Kevin Bieksa, Ryan Kesler, Manny Malhotra and Daniel Sedin along with Canucks Alumni Trevor Linden and Stan Smyl and a contingent of passionate fans. Showcasing the natural beauty of the region, ‘This is Our Home’ promotes a simple message of the inclusive and positive nature of sports and community. It shares the values of the season-long ‘Heart of a Canuck’ tradition celebrating courage, honor, humility, integrity and passion.
For those who enjoy obvious jokes, feel free to knock yourselves out in the comments section in response to that last sentence.
For those who enjoy the same phrases being repeated over and over to demonstrate unity, here’s “This is Our Home.”
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 5
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12