Mar 28, 2012, 2:46 PM EST
The Vancouver Canucks didn’t actually use the word “riot” in today’s press release trumpeting the club’s “This is Our Home” public service ads.
Then again, they didn’t need to.
‘This is Our Home’ shares a message of unity, respect and civic pride using the collective voice of Canucks fans, players and alumni.
Filmed in over 20 locations throughout Greater Vancouver ‘This is Our Home’ features Vancouver Canucks captain, Henrik Sedin, alternate captains Kevin Bieksa, Ryan Kesler, Manny Malhotra and Daniel Sedin along with Canucks Alumni Trevor Linden and Stan Smyl and a contingent of passionate fans. Showcasing the natural beauty of the region, ‘This is Our Home’ promotes a simple message of the inclusive and positive nature of sports and community. It shares the values of the season-long ‘Heart of a Canuck’ tradition celebrating courage, honor, humility, integrity and passion.
For those who enjoy obvious jokes, feel free to knock yourselves out in the comments section in response to that last sentence.
For those who enjoy the same phrases being repeated over and over to demonstrate unity, here’s “This is Our Home.”
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4