Mar 28, 2012, 2:46 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks didn’t actually use the word “riot” in today’s press release trumpeting the club’s “This is Our Home” public service ads.
Then again, they didn’t need to.
‘This is Our Home’ shares a message of unity, respect and civic pride using the collective voice of Canucks fans, players and alumni.
Filmed in over 20 locations throughout Greater Vancouver ‘This is Our Home’ features Vancouver Canucks captain, Henrik Sedin, alternate captains Kevin Bieksa, Ryan Kesler, Manny Malhotra and Daniel Sedin along with Canucks Alumni Trevor Linden and Stan Smyl and a contingent of passionate fans. Showcasing the natural beauty of the region, ‘This is Our Home’ promotes a simple message of the inclusive and positive nature of sports and community. It shares the values of the season-long ‘Heart of a Canuck’ tradition celebrating courage, honor, humility, integrity and passion.
For those who enjoy obvious jokes, feel free to knock yourselves out in the comments section in response to that last sentence.
For those who enjoy the same phrases being repeated over and over to demonstrate unity, here’s “This is Our Home.”
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5