Mar 28, 2012, 2:46 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks didn’t actually use the word “riot” in today’s press release trumpeting the club’s “This is Our Home” public service ads.
Then again, they didn’t need to.
‘This is Our Home’ shares a message of unity, respect and civic pride using the collective voice of Canucks fans, players and alumni.
Filmed in over 20 locations throughout Greater Vancouver ‘This is Our Home’ features Vancouver Canucks captain, Henrik Sedin, alternate captains Kevin Bieksa, Ryan Kesler, Manny Malhotra and Daniel Sedin along with Canucks Alumni Trevor Linden and Stan Smyl and a contingent of passionate fans. Showcasing the natural beauty of the region, ‘This is Our Home’ promotes a simple message of the inclusive and positive nature of sports and community. It shares the values of the season-long ‘Heart of a Canuck’ tradition celebrating courage, honor, humility, integrity and passion.
For those who enjoy obvious jokes, feel free to knock yourselves out in the comments section in response to that last sentence.
For those who enjoy the same phrases being repeated over and over to demonstrate unity, here’s “This is Our Home.”
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (147)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)