Mar 28, 2012, 2:46 PM EST
The Vancouver Canucks didn’t actually use the word “riot” in today’s press release trumpeting the club’s “This is Our Home” public service ads.
Then again, they didn’t need to.
‘This is Our Home’ shares a message of unity, respect and civic pride using the collective voice of Canucks fans, players and alumni.
Filmed in over 20 locations throughout Greater Vancouver ‘This is Our Home’ features Vancouver Canucks captain, Henrik Sedin, alternate captains Kevin Bieksa, Ryan Kesler, Manny Malhotra and Daniel Sedin along with Canucks Alumni Trevor Linden and Stan Smyl and a contingent of passionate fans. Showcasing the natural beauty of the region, ‘This is Our Home’ promotes a simple message of the inclusive and positive nature of sports and community. It shares the values of the season-long ‘Heart of a Canuck’ tradition celebrating courage, honor, humility, integrity and passion.
For those who enjoy obvious jokes, feel free to knock yourselves out in the comments section in response to that last sentence.
For those who enjoy the same phrases being repeated over and over to demonstrate unity, here’s “This is Our Home.”
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 21
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 36
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 33
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 56
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 165
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (165)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)