Mar 28, 2012, 2:20 PM EDT
Some potentially disastrous news out of Buffalo today as Lindy Ruff told reporters Christian Ehrhoff will be out indefinitely with a knee injury.
“He’ll miss some time,” Ruff said, declining to specify if the injury was day-to-day or week-to-week. “It’ll be a period of time.”
Regardless of how much time Ehrhoff misses, this is a profound loss for Buffalo. The Sabres are 19-5-5 since Ehrhoff and Robyn Regehr returned to the lineup in late January — no Sabre plays more than Ehrhoff (team-leading 23:03 per game) and no defenseman scores more (5G-27A-32PTS).
Ruff acknowledged the 29-year-old was playing a huge role for the Sabres.
“Christian has been logging a lot of minutes and been playing well for us, but every team has to deal with it,” he said. “We have to deal with it. We have to face a little bit of adversity, and we need players to step up, and I thought last night we did. Some guys played some big minutes and played well for us.”
Sabres.com reports that Mike Weber will replace Ehrhoff in the lineup. Weber has been a healthy scratch in the last four games and has only played 47 times this year after making 58 appearances a season ago.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 0
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 8
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 25
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)