Mar 28, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
The Denver Post is reporting that Avalanche coach Joe Sacco and general manager Greg Sherman will keep their jobs following the conclusion of the regular season.
The Post’s Adrian Dater (who you may remember from such articles as “Paul Stastny was ‘particularly odious’ against the Sharks” and “What a terrible hockey game tonight at the Pepsi Center”) learned of the club’s decision to retain Sacco and Sherman via unnamed sources.
Sacco is reportedly in the last year of a three-year contract and will sign an extension soon, while Sherman’s contract isn’t public.
Looking ahead to the summer, Sherman faces some tough decisions. Pending unrestricted free agents include Milan Hejduk, David Jones, and Shane O’Brien, but more importantly there’s a whole pile of key RFAs to negotiate with, including Matt Duchene, Peter Mueller, Steve Downie, Ryan O’Reilly, Jamie McGinn, Erik Johnson, and Ryan Wilson.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)