Mar 28, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
The Denver Post is reporting that Avalanche coach Joe Sacco and general manager Greg Sherman will keep their jobs following the conclusion of the regular season.
The Post’s Adrian Dater (who you may remember from such articles as “Paul Stastny was ‘particularly odious’ against the Sharks” and “What a terrible hockey game tonight at the Pepsi Center”) learned of the club’s decision to retain Sacco and Sherman via unnamed sources.
Sacco is reportedly in the last year of a three-year contract and will sign an extension soon, while Sherman’s contract isn’t public.
Looking ahead to the summer, Sherman faces some tough decisions. Pending unrestricted free agents include Milan Hejduk, David Jones, and Shane O’Brien, but more importantly there’s a whole pile of key RFAs to negotiate with, including Matt Duchene, Peter Mueller, Steve Downie, Ryan O’Reilly, Jamie McGinn, Erik Johnson, and Ryan Wilson.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)