Mar 28, 2012, 3:45 PM EST
The Denver Post is reporting that Avalanche coach Joe Sacco and general manager Greg Sherman will keep their jobs following the conclusion of the regular season.
The Post’s Adrian Dater (who you may remember from such articles as “Paul Stastny was ‘particularly odious’ against the Sharks” and “What a terrible hockey game tonight at the Pepsi Center”) learned of the club’s decision to retain Sacco and Sherman via unnamed sources.
Sacco is reportedly in the last year of a three-year contract and will sign an extension soon, while Sherman’s contract isn’t public.
Looking ahead to the summer, Sherman faces some tough decisions. Pending unrestricted free agents include Milan Hejduk, David Jones, and Shane O’Brien, but more importantly there’s a whole pile of key RFAs to negotiate with, including Matt Duchene, Peter Mueller, Steve Downie, Ryan O’Reilly, Jamie McGinn, Erik Johnson, and Ryan Wilson.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 35
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28