Mar 28, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
The Denver Post is reporting that Avalanche coach Joe Sacco and general manager Greg Sherman will keep their jobs following the conclusion of the regular season.
The Post’s Adrian Dater (who you may remember from such articles as “Paul Stastny was ‘particularly odious’ against the Sharks” and “What a terrible hockey game tonight at the Pepsi Center”) learned of the club’s decision to retain Sacco and Sherman via unnamed sources.
Sacco is reportedly in the last year of a three-year contract and will sign an extension soon, while Sherman’s contract isn’t public.
Looking ahead to the summer, Sherman faces some tough decisions. Pending unrestricted free agents include Milan Hejduk, David Jones, and Shane O’Brien, but more importantly there’s a whole pile of key RFAs to negotiate with, including Matt Duchene, Peter Mueller, Steve Downie, Ryan O’Reilly, Jamie McGinn, Erik Johnson, and Ryan Wilson.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5