Mar 28, 2012, 3:45 PM EST
The Denver Post is reporting that Avalanche coach Joe Sacco and general manager Greg Sherman will keep their jobs following the conclusion of the regular season.
The Post’s Adrian Dater (who you may remember from such articles as “Paul Stastny was ‘particularly odious’ against the Sharks” and “What a terrible hockey game tonight at the Pepsi Center”) learned of the club’s decision to retain Sacco and Sherman via unnamed sources.
Sacco is reportedly in the last year of a three-year contract and will sign an extension soon, while Sherman’s contract isn’t public.
Looking ahead to the summer, Sherman faces some tough decisions. Pending unrestricted free agents include Milan Hejduk, David Jones, and Shane O’Brien, but more importantly there’s a whole pile of key RFAs to negotiate with, including Matt Duchene, Peter Mueller, Steve Downie, Ryan O’Reilly, Jamie McGinn, Erik Johnson, and Ryan Wilson.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)