Mar 28, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Could Marty Turco‘s time as a Boston Bruin soon be up?
Quite possibly, according to CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty.
Haggerty spoke with injured Bruins netminder Tuukka Rask on Wednesday and learned the 22-year-old is eying a return to the lineup.
“I’d like to get in a game before season is over,” Rask said. “But to be ready for playoffs is the goal.”
Rask hasn’t played since Mar. 3 after suffering a groin/abdomen injury in a 3-2 loss to the Islanders. The injury was supposed to sideline him for 4-6 weeks, which forced Boston to sign Turco out of the Austrian League.
It’ll be interesting to see how Boston handles Rask’s return. The Bruins have six games remaining (they play every second night starting on Thursday) and have made no secret of their desire to rest Tim Thomas down the stretch.
Turco could be a viable option in the near future — after looking shaky in his first two appearances, he was solid in Sunday’s 3-2 win over Anaheim — but since Rask has to be the backup in the playoffs (Turco is postseason ineligible), he’ll need at least one game of work, possibly more.
Rask stated he wants back on the ice next week barring any unforeseen issues, meaning he could be ready to go for Boston’s final three games of the year against Pittsburgh, Ottawa and Buffalo.
- Carolina is ‘concerned’ about Jordan Staal, who was helped off the ice 1
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)