Mar 28, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Could Marty Turco‘s time as a Boston Bruin soon be up?
Quite possibly, according to CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty.
Haggerty spoke with injured Bruins netminder Tuukka Rask on Wednesday and learned the 22-year-old is eying a return to the lineup.
“I’d like to get in a game before season is over,” Rask said. “But to be ready for playoffs is the goal.”
Rask hasn’t played since Mar. 3 after suffering a groin/abdomen injury in a 3-2 loss to the Islanders. The injury was supposed to sideline him for 4-6 weeks, which forced Boston to sign Turco out of the Austrian League.
It’ll be interesting to see how Boston handles Rask’s return. The Bruins have six games remaining (they play every second night starting on Thursday) and have made no secret of their desire to rest Tim Thomas down the stretch.
Turco could be a viable option in the near future — after looking shaky in his first two appearances, he was solid in Sunday’s 3-2 win over Anaheim — but since Rask has to be the backup in the playoffs (Turco is postseason ineligible), he’ll need at least one game of work, possibly more.
Rask stated he wants back on the ice next week barring any unforeseen issues, meaning he could be ready to go for Boston’s final three games of the year against Pittsburgh, Ottawa and Buffalo.
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 7
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 21
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 45
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 56
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 27
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles