Mar 28, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Could Marty Turco‘s time as a Boston Bruin soon be up?
Quite possibly, according to CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty.
Haggerty spoke with injured Bruins netminder Tuukka Rask on Wednesday and learned the 22-year-old is eying a return to the lineup.
“I’d like to get in a game before season is over,” Rask said. “But to be ready for playoffs is the goal.”
Rask hasn’t played since Mar. 3 after suffering a groin/abdomen injury in a 3-2 loss to the Islanders. The injury was supposed to sideline him for 4-6 weeks, which forced Boston to sign Turco out of the Austrian League.
It’ll be interesting to see how Boston handles Rask’s return. The Bruins have six games remaining (they play every second night starting on Thursday) and have made no secret of their desire to rest Tim Thomas down the stretch.
Turco could be a viable option in the near future — after looking shaky in his first two appearances, he was solid in Sunday’s 3-2 win over Anaheim — but since Rask has to be the backup in the playoffs (Turco is postseason ineligible), he’ll need at least one game of work, possibly more.
Rask stated he wants back on the ice next week barring any unforeseen issues, meaning he could be ready to go for Boston’s final three games of the year against Pittsburgh, Ottawa and Buffalo.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)