Mar 28, 2012, 12:41 PM EST
If you were hoping to see Jimmy Howard in goal for the Red Wings either tonight against Columbus or Friday against Nashville, you’re going to be sorely disappointed.
Ansar Khan of Mlive.com reports from coach Mike Babcock that Howard will not be playing in either of the next two games for the Red Wings. Howard’s groin has been troubling him in the latter part of the year leaving veteran Ty Conklin to pick up the slack for him while both he and Joey MacDonald (back) are sidelined with injuries.
The next possible game for Howard to get the call would be Sunday afternoon against Florida. Failing that, the Red Wings’ final three games come against St. Louis, New Jersey, and Chicago meaning Howard will get a taste of the playoffs before they start no matter what.
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 4
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 2
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 19
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15
- Bruins have to ‘step up,’ starting tonight in Nashville 45
- Welcome Taylor Hall to the trade rumor mill 53