Mar 28, 2012, 12:41 PM EST
If you were hoping to see Jimmy Howard in goal for the Red Wings either tonight against Columbus or Friday against Nashville, you’re going to be sorely disappointed.
Ansar Khan of Mlive.com reports from coach Mike Babcock that Howard will not be playing in either of the next two games for the Red Wings. Howard’s groin has been troubling him in the latter part of the year leaving veteran Ty Conklin to pick up the slack for him while both he and Joey MacDonald (back) are sidelined with injuries.
The next possible game for Howard to get the call would be Sunday afternoon against Florida. Failing that, the Red Wings’ final three games come against St. Louis, New Jersey, and Chicago meaning Howard will get a taste of the playoffs before they start no matter what.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 19
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)