Mar 28, 2012, 12:41 PM EDT
If you were hoping to see Jimmy Howard in goal for the Red Wings either tonight against Columbus or Friday against Nashville, you’re going to be sorely disappointed.
Ansar Khan of Mlive.com reports from coach Mike Babcock that Howard will not be playing in either of the next two games for the Red Wings. Howard’s groin has been troubling him in the latter part of the year leaving veteran Ty Conklin to pick up the slack for him while both he and Joey MacDonald (back) are sidelined with injuries.
The next possible game for Howard to get the call would be Sunday afternoon against Florida. Failing that, the Red Wings’ final three games come against St. Louis, New Jersey, and Chicago meaning Howard will get a taste of the playoffs before they start no matter what.
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 0
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 11
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 51
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 26
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 18
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (60)