Mar 28, 2012, 12:41 PM EDT
If you were hoping to see Jimmy Howard in goal for the Red Wings either tonight against Columbus or Friday against Nashville, you’re going to be sorely disappointed.
Ansar Khan of Mlive.com reports from coach Mike Babcock that Howard will not be playing in either of the next two games for the Red Wings. Howard’s groin has been troubling him in the latter part of the year leaving veteran Ty Conklin to pick up the slack for him while both he and Joey MacDonald (back) are sidelined with injuries.
The next possible game for Howard to get the call would be Sunday afternoon against Florida. Failing that, the Red Wings’ final three games come against St. Louis, New Jersey, and Chicago meaning Howard will get a taste of the playoffs before they start no matter what.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63