Mar 28, 2012, 6:59 PM EST
The Bruins got haircuts for a good cause today.
The cause was not fashion.
Via The Boston Globe:
At the fifth annual “Cuts for a Cause” charity event, 17 members of the Bruins got their hair cut and heads shaved to raise money for the Boston Bruins Foundation and Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts Medical Center.
This year’s event raised over $58,000 for the cause.
Shawn Thornton, Patrice Bergeron, Zdeno Chara, Nathan Horton, Milan Lucic, Adam McQuaid, Chris Kelly, Johnny Boychuk, Jordan Caron, Torey Krug, Mike Mottau, Daniel Paille, Benoit Pouliot, Rich Peverley, Tyler Seguin and Dennis Seidenberg – every single one of them deserve kudos for participating.
That said, a shaved head isn’t nearly as embarrassing as it used to be. In fact, it’s not embarrassing at all. Which is why the scene in Police Academy where Cadets Copeland and Blankes “take it all off” is lost on so many young people.
Anyway, so instead of just walking away with a shaved head and looking like a million other guys on the street, B’s forward Brad Marchand took it up a notch.
It’s not clear whether Marchand plans to keep the haircut, but if he’s looking for an unbiased opinion, we hear Al Iafrate thinks it looks sharp.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28