Mar 28, 2012, 6:59 PM EDT
The Bruins got haircuts for a good cause today.
The cause was not fashion.
Via The Boston Globe:
At the fifth annual “Cuts for a Cause” charity event, 17 members of the Bruins got their hair cut and heads shaved to raise money for the Boston Bruins Foundation and Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts Medical Center.
This year’s event raised over $58,000 for the cause.
Shawn Thornton, Patrice Bergeron, Zdeno Chara, Nathan Horton, Milan Lucic, Adam McQuaid, Chris Kelly, Johnny Boychuk, Jordan Caron, Torey Krug, Mike Mottau, Daniel Paille, Benoit Pouliot, Rich Peverley, Tyler Seguin and Dennis Seidenberg – every single one of them deserve kudos for participating.
That said, a shaved head isn’t nearly as embarrassing as it used to be. In fact, it’s not embarrassing at all. Which is why the scene in Police Academy where Cadets Copeland and Blankes “take it all off” is lost on so many young people.
Anyway, so instead of just walking away with a shaved head and looking like a million other guys on the street, B’s forward Brad Marchand took it up a notch.
It’s not clear whether Marchand plans to keep the haircut, but if he’s looking for an unbiased opinion, we hear Al Iafrate thinks it looks sharp.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 21
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)