Mar 28, 2012, 6:59 PM EDT
The Bruins got haircuts for a good cause today.
The cause was not fashion.
Via The Boston Globe:
At the fifth annual “Cuts for a Cause” charity event, 17 members of the Bruins got their hair cut and heads shaved to raise money for the Boston Bruins Foundation and Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts Medical Center.
This year’s event raised over $58,000 for the cause.
Shawn Thornton, Patrice Bergeron, Zdeno Chara, Nathan Horton, Milan Lucic, Adam McQuaid, Chris Kelly, Johnny Boychuk, Jordan Caron, Torey Krug, Mike Mottau, Daniel Paille, Benoit Pouliot, Rich Peverley, Tyler Seguin and Dennis Seidenberg – every single one of them deserve kudos for participating.
That said, a shaved head isn’t nearly as embarrassing as it used to be. In fact, it’s not embarrassing at all. Which is why the scene in Police Academy where Cadets Copeland and Blankes “take it all off” is lost on so many young people.
Anyway, so instead of just walking away with a shaved head and looking like a million other guys on the street, B’s forward Brad Marchand took it up a notch.
It’s not clear whether Marchand plans to keep the haircut, but if he’s looking for an unbiased opinion, we hear Al Iafrate thinks it looks sharp.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 4
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 10
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 6
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 20
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 27
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)