Mar 28, 2012, 6:59 PM EDT
The Bruins got haircuts for a good cause today.
The cause was not fashion.
Via The Boston Globe:
At the fifth annual “Cuts for a Cause” charity event, 17 members of the Bruins got their hair cut and heads shaved to raise money for the Boston Bruins Foundation and Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts Medical Center.
This year’s event raised over $58,000 for the cause.
Shawn Thornton, Patrice Bergeron, Zdeno Chara, Nathan Horton, Milan Lucic, Adam McQuaid, Chris Kelly, Johnny Boychuk, Jordan Caron, Torey Krug, Mike Mottau, Daniel Paille, Benoit Pouliot, Rich Peverley, Tyler Seguin and Dennis Seidenberg – every single one of them deserve kudos for participating.
That said, a shaved head isn’t nearly as embarrassing as it used to be. In fact, it’s not embarrassing at all. Which is why the scene in Police Academy where Cadets Copeland and Blankes “take it all off” is lost on so many young people.
Anyway, so instead of just walking away with a shaved head and looking like a million other guys on the street, B’s forward Brad Marchand took it up a notch.
It’s not clear whether Marchand plans to keep the haircut, but if he’s looking for an unbiased opinion, we hear Al Iafrate thinks it looks sharp.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)