Mar 28, 2012, 11:22 AM EDT
Maybe Bruce Boudreau is a big fan of Ice Cube.
It was Cube, after all, that once said you better check yo self before you wreck yo self.
And check yo self is exactly what the Anaheim Ducks coach did on Sunday following a controversial disallowed goal in a 3-2 loss to the Bruins.
In case you haven’t seen the blowup yet:
A pretty good performance — but had Boudreau not chickity-checked, it could’ve been even better.
“I almost ran on the ice without thinking,” Boudreau told the OC Register on Tuesday. “Well, I mean, it was a pretty important goal.”
Boudreau then told the Register he tried to grab a water bottle (the reporter, Jeff Miller, assumed it was for throwing purposes) but — in what has to be one of the most fortunate jammings of all time — Boudreau couldn’t dislodge the bottle from its holder.
That said, it wouldn’t have been the first time he’s chucked one at an official.
“Yeah, I’ve thrown the water bottles in the American League and looked for sticks [to throw],” Boudreau said. “But, I mean, I can’t picture myself doing that here.”
Boudreau didn’t seem particularly fazed by the incident and wasn’t suggesting a change in approach or attitude was in the works. If anything, he seemed to think this was the norm.
“Every now and again I lose it, as most coaches would, I think,” he said. “You only lose it for a second, though, and then it’s like OK, you’re back.”
Never change, Bruce. Never change.
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 10
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 20
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 14
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 125
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (125)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)