Mar 28, 2012, 11:22 AM EST
Maybe Bruce Boudreau is a big fan of Ice Cube.
It was Cube, after all, that once said you better check yo self before you wreck yo self.
And check yo self is exactly what the Anaheim Ducks coach did on Sunday following a controversial disallowed goal in a 3-2 loss to the Bruins.
In case you haven’t seen the blowup yet:
A pretty good performance — but had Boudreau not chickity-checked, it could’ve been even better.
“I almost ran on the ice without thinking,” Boudreau told the OC Register on Tuesday. “Well, I mean, it was a pretty important goal.”
Boudreau then told the Register he tried to grab a water bottle (the reporter, Jeff Miller, assumed it was for throwing purposes) but — in what has to be one of the most fortunate jammings of all time — Boudreau couldn’t dislodge the bottle from its holder.
That said, it wouldn’t have been the first time he’s chucked one at an official.
“Yeah, I’ve thrown the water bottles in the American League and looked for sticks [to throw],” Boudreau said. “But, I mean, I can’t picture myself doing that here.”
Boudreau didn’t seem particularly fazed by the incident and wasn’t suggesting a change in approach or attitude was in the works. If anything, he seemed to think this was the norm.
“Every now and again I lose it, as most coaches would, I think,” he said. “You only lose it for a second, though, and then it’s like OK, you’re back.”
Never change, Bruce. Never change.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 20
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 27
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)