Mar 28, 2012, 11:22 AM EDT
Maybe Bruce Boudreau is a big fan of Ice Cube.
It was Cube, after all, that once said you better check yo self before you wreck yo self.
And check yo self is exactly what the Anaheim Ducks coach did on Sunday following a controversial disallowed goal in a 3-2 loss to the Bruins.
In case you haven’t seen the blowup yet:
A pretty good performance — but had Boudreau not chickity-checked, it could’ve been even better.
“I almost ran on the ice without thinking,” Boudreau told the OC Register on Tuesday. “Well, I mean, it was a pretty important goal.”
Boudreau then told the Register he tried to grab a water bottle (the reporter, Jeff Miller, assumed it was for throwing purposes) but — in what has to be one of the most fortunate jammings of all time — Boudreau couldn’t dislodge the bottle from its holder.
That said, it wouldn’t have been the first time he’s chucked one at an official.
“Yeah, I’ve thrown the water bottles in the American League and looked for sticks [to throw],” Boudreau said. “But, I mean, I can’t picture myself doing that here.”
Boudreau didn’t seem particularly fazed by the incident and wasn’t suggesting a change in approach or attitude was in the works. If anything, he seemed to think this was the norm.
“Every now and again I lose it, as most coaches would, I think,” he said. “You only lose it for a second, though, and then it’s like OK, you’re back.”
Never change, Bruce. Never change.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 9
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 19
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 24
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 40
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 64
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (148)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (101)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)