Mar 27, 2012, 8:54 AM EDT
The last time we saw the Lightning and Bruins meet up two weeks ago, the Bolts were busy smacking Tim Thomas and Marty Turco around to the tune of 6-1 while the B’s were in the middle of what would be a four-game losing streak.
When they meet tonight in Boston (7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN), the Bruins have turned things around winning four of their last six since then while the Lightning have fallen out of the playoff hunt. For Boston, getting right in time for the postseason is what it’s all about and for them, that means seeing injured players getting back.
Forward Rich Peverley returned against Anaheim and while he’s not a huge name, his importance up front is huge. With the likes of David Krejci, Milan Lucic, and Tyler Seguin in need of that pick-me-up, Peverley’s veteran presence and abilities are needed for balance along their lines.
Tampa Bay, meanwhile, was happy to throw a wrench in the Flyers’ plans last night and they’ll be looking to do the same to the Bruins yet again. With Steve Stamkos being a force of nature on the ice, breaking the team record for goals in a season last night, it’s the Bolts’ top line that will try to make life miserable for Boston.
While Dwayne Roloson has been red hot of late winning his last three starts, don’t be surprised if you see newcomer Sebastian Caron in goal tonight. Caron is recently back from playing in Germany and the former Penguins/Flyers netminder is looking for his first action of the year. Since Roloson got the call in beating Philly last night, Caron figures to get a hell of a first test against Boston.
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 11
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 36
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 0
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 26
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel