Mar 27, 2012, 8:54 AM EDT
The last time we saw the Lightning and Bruins meet up two weeks ago, the Bolts were busy smacking Tim Thomas and Marty Turco around to the tune of 6-1 while the B’s were in the middle of what would be a four-game losing streak.
When they meet tonight in Boston (7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN), the Bruins have turned things around winning four of their last six since then while the Lightning have fallen out of the playoff hunt. For Boston, getting right in time for the postseason is what it’s all about and for them, that means seeing injured players getting back.
Forward Rich Peverley returned against Anaheim and while he’s not a huge name, his importance up front is huge. With the likes of David Krejci, Milan Lucic, and Tyler Seguin in need of that pick-me-up, Peverley’s veteran presence and abilities are needed for balance along their lines.
Tampa Bay, meanwhile, was happy to throw a wrench in the Flyers’ plans last night and they’ll be looking to do the same to the Bruins yet again. With Steve Stamkos being a force of nature on the ice, breaking the team record for goals in a season last night, it’s the Bolts’ top line that will try to make life miserable for Boston.
While Dwayne Roloson has been red hot of late winning his last three starts, don’t be surprised if you see newcomer Sebastian Caron in goal tonight. Caron is recently back from playing in Germany and the former Penguins/Flyers netminder is looking for his first action of the year. Since Roloson got the call in beating Philly last night, Caron figures to get a hell of a first test against Boston.
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 5
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 28
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)