Mar 27, 2012, 10:20 PM EDT
It’s easy to feel bad for Sidney Crosby after his year-plus issues with concussions, but the thing that makes him different from many other stars – that driven, take everything seriously nature – doesn’t always manifest itself in the best ways. When Crosby loses his cool, he sometimes bends or even breaks the rules, with this cross-check being his latest regrettable moment:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
It falls into a category of infractions that have been getting the league’s attention (checks from behind) and with Duncan Keith getting a five-game suspension, stars aren’t totally off limits.
So let me ask the obvious question: should Sid the Kid receive a suspension for this hit? Let us know if this is suspension-worthy (and if so, for how long) in the comments.
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 0
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 24
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 34
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 18
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)