Mar 27, 2012, 10:20 PM EDT
It’s easy to feel bad for Sidney Crosby after his year-plus issues with concussions, but the thing that makes him different from many other stars – that driven, take everything seriously nature – doesn’t always manifest itself in the best ways. When Crosby loses his cool, he sometimes bends or even breaks the rules, with this cross-check being his latest regrettable moment:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
It falls into a category of infractions that have been getting the league’s attention (checks from behind) and with Duncan Keith getting a five-game suspension, stars aren’t totally off limits.
So let me ask the obvious question: should Sid the Kid receive a suspension for this hit? Let us know if this is suspension-worthy (and if so, for how long) in the comments.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 5
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (57)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)