Mar 27, 2012, 10:20 PM EDT
It’s easy to feel bad for Sidney Crosby after his year-plus issues with concussions, but the thing that makes him different from many other stars – that driven, take everything seriously nature – doesn’t always manifest itself in the best ways. When Crosby loses his cool, he sometimes bends or even breaks the rules, with this cross-check being his latest regrettable moment:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
It falls into a category of infractions that have been getting the league’s attention (checks from behind) and with Duncan Keith getting a five-game suspension, stars aren’t totally off limits.
So let me ask the obvious question: should Sid the Kid receive a suspension for this hit? Let us know if this is suspension-worthy (and if so, for how long) in the comments.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 70
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)