Mar 27, 2012, 10:20 PM EST
It’s easy to feel bad for Sidney Crosby after his year-plus issues with concussions, but the thing that makes him different from many other stars – that driven, take everything seriously nature – doesn’t always manifest itself in the best ways. When Crosby loses his cool, he sometimes bends or even breaks the rules, with this cross-check being his latest regrettable moment:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
It falls into a category of infractions that have been getting the league’s attention (checks from behind) and with Duncan Keith getting a five-game suspension, stars aren’t totally off limits.
So let me ask the obvious question: should Sid the Kid receive a suspension for this hit? Let us know if this is suspension-worthy (and if so, for how long) in the comments.
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 12
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 7
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 16
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 13
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)