Mar 27, 2012, 5:06 PM EDT
In the wake of yet another shaky performance by Roberto Luongo in which the Kings were able to hit the post during last night’s 1-0 Vancouver victory, Canucks coach Alain Vigneault has given the nod to backup Cory Schneider tomorrow versus the Avs.
Luongo made 38 saves against Los Angeles, but a lot of them were really easy.
So in steps Schneider, the 26-year-old phenom with the 17-7-1 record, 2.04 goals-against average and .934 save percentage.
Schneider was named first star Thursday in Dallas after stopping 25 of 26 shots in a 2-1 Canucks victory. His stickhandling gaffe led to the only Stars goal, but hey, nobody’s perfect.
Vancouver plays back-to-back games Friday and Saturday, so it’s likely Vigneault will have to roll the dice again with Luongo soon. Whether the Canucks can afford to go with their “No. 1” in the playoffs is another question.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)