Mar 27, 2012, 5:06 PM EDT
In the wake of yet another shaky performance by Roberto Luongo in which the Kings were able to hit the post during last night’s 1-0 Vancouver victory, Canucks coach Alain Vigneault has given the nod to backup Cory Schneider tomorrow versus the Avs.
Luongo made 38 saves against Los Angeles, but a lot of them were really easy.
So in steps Schneider, the 26-year-old phenom with the 17-7-1 record, 2.04 goals-against average and .934 save percentage.
Schneider was named first star Thursday in Dallas after stopping 25 of 26 shots in a 2-1 Canucks victory. His stickhandling gaffe led to the only Stars goal, but hey, nobody’s perfect.
Vancouver plays back-to-back games Friday and Saturday, so it’s likely Vigneault will have to roll the dice again with Luongo soon. Whether the Canucks can afford to go with their “No. 1” in the playoffs is another question.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)