Mar 27, 2012, 11:54 AM EDT
Not to worry, Penguins fans – Kris Letang doesn’t have another concussion.
At least that’s what Pittsburgh GM Ray Shero told the Tribune-Review’s Dejan Kovacevic.
It’s not all goods news though. Letang does have a lower-body injury that will keep him out of tonight’s game versus the Islanders. His status is day-to-day, according to coach Dan Bylsma.
Letang knocked heads with New Jersey’s Dainius Zubrus Sunday, so when he wasn’t on the ice for practice this morning, eyebrows were raised and stomachs were churned. Pittsburgh’s top defenseman has already missed significant time with a concussion.
In other Penguins injury news, defenseman Ben Lovejoy had knee surgery and will miss 3-4 weeks.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 8
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 8
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 5
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 13
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 44
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 62
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1