Mar 27, 2012, 11:54 AM EDT
Not to worry, Penguins fans – Kris Letang doesn’t have another concussion.
At least that’s what Pittsburgh GM Ray Shero told the Tribune-Review’s Dejan Kovacevic.
It’s not all goods news though. Letang does have a lower-body injury that will keep him out of tonight’s game versus the Islanders. His status is day-to-day, according to coach Dan Bylsma.
Letang knocked heads with New Jersey’s Dainius Zubrus Sunday, so when he wasn’t on the ice for practice this morning, eyebrows were raised and stomachs were churned. Pittsburgh’s top defenseman has already missed significant time with a concussion.
In other Penguins injury news, defenseman Ben Lovejoy had knee surgery and will miss 3-4 weeks.
- Report: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 12
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 81
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 35
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 60
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 15
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 96
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 31
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (96)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- PHT: Canucks reportedly fire Vigneault, assistants