Mar 27, 2012, 11:54 AM EDT
Not to worry, Penguins fans – Kris Letang doesn’t have another concussion.
At least that’s what Pittsburgh GM Ray Shero told the Tribune-Review’s Dejan Kovacevic.
It’s not all goods news though. Letang does have a lower-body injury that will keep him out of tonight’s game versus the Islanders. His status is day-to-day, according to coach Dan Bylsma.
Letang knocked heads with New Jersey’s Dainius Zubrus Sunday, so when he wasn’t on the ice for practice this morning, eyebrows were raised and stomachs were churned. Pittsburgh’s top defenseman has already missed significant time with a concussion.
In other Penguins injury news, defenseman Ben Lovejoy had knee surgery and will miss 3-4 weeks.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 17
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 18
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 71
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 94
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)