Mar 27, 2012, 11:54 AM EST
Not to worry, Penguins fans – Kris Letang doesn’t have another concussion.
At least that’s what Pittsburgh GM Ray Shero told the Tribune-Review’s Dejan Kovacevic.
It’s not all goods news though. Letang does have a lower-body injury that will keep him out of tonight’s game versus the Islanders. His status is day-to-day, according to coach Dan Bylsma.
Letang knocked heads with New Jersey’s Dainius Zubrus Sunday, so when he wasn’t on the ice for practice this morning, eyebrows were raised and stomachs were churned. Pittsburgh’s top defenseman has already missed significant time with a concussion.
In other Penguins injury news, defenseman Ben Lovejoy had knee surgery and will miss 3-4 weeks.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 36
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 24
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 42
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 84
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)