Mar 27, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
You can call it a bad break for Minnesota’s Matt Cullen.
Michael Russo of the Star Tribune reports that Cullen will be getting his broken finger operated on thus ending his season with the Wild.
In a season that’s seen so many injuries and general misfortune, the Wild losing Cullen for the final few games is the final kick in the shins. With 14 goals and 35 points, Cullen was the Wild’s fourth leading point producer.
With Minnesota already officially eliminated from making the postseason, losing anyone productive makes playing the spoiler that much harder. At least the move to go “Stinko for Grigorenko” is finally in full effect.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 9
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)