Mar 27, 2012, 1:18 PM EST
You can call it a bad break for Minnesota’s Matt Cullen.
Michael Russo of the Star Tribune reports that Cullen will be getting his broken finger operated on thus ending his season with the Wild.
In a season that’s seen so many injuries and general misfortune, the Wild losing Cullen for the final few games is the final kick in the shins. With 14 goals and 35 points, Cullen was the Wild’s fourth leading point producer.
With Minnesota already officially eliminated from making the postseason, losing anyone productive makes playing the spoiler that much harder. At least the move to go “Stinko for Grigorenko” is finally in full effect.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 2
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 25
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 22
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 28
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 10
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)