Mar 27, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
You can call it a bad break for Minnesota’s Matt Cullen.
Michael Russo of the Star Tribune reports that Cullen will be getting his broken finger operated on thus ending his season with the Wild.
In a season that’s seen so many injuries and general misfortune, the Wild losing Cullen for the final few games is the final kick in the shins. With 14 goals and 35 points, Cullen was the Wild’s fourth leading point producer.
With Minnesota already officially eliminated from making the postseason, losing anyone productive makes playing the spoiler that much harder. At least the move to go “Stinko for Grigorenko” is finally in full effect.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 10
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54