Mar 27, 2012, 10:17 AM EDT
The rest of the league might be wise to get nervous about the Boston Bruins.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty caught up with Bruins coach Claude Julien and after seeing his team go 2-1-0 on their west coast road trip, he’s feeling good about where the team is at.
“Our guys respected the game plan well and we got the results we wanted,” said Claude Julien, who was describing Sunday’s win over the Ducks but might well have been speaking about their body of work since a tipping point home win over the Flyers. “We still feel we have some work to do because we’ve been struggling the last few months. We’ve won four of our last five games and we’re starting to turn the corner, so that bodes well.”
Things boding well for the Bruins is bad news for the Eastern Conference. With the playoffs around the corner, the bulk of the attention has been paid to the Rangers and Penguins in the East while the Bruins lie in the weeds waiting to strike. It’s reminiscent of last season when everyone’s focus was on Philadelphia and Washington when the Bruins stormed through the postseason on the way to winning the Cup.
With at least one first round match-up destined to feature any two of the Rangers, Penguins, Flyers, or Devils there’s going to be at least one worn out team in the second round. That’s just the way the Bruins want it.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 60
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 35
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 31
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 19
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 53
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 29
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)