Mar 27, 2012, 10:17 AM EDT
The rest of the league might be wise to get nervous about the Boston Bruins.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty caught up with Bruins coach Claude Julien and after seeing his team go 2-1-0 on their west coast road trip, he’s feeling good about where the team is at.
“Our guys respected the game plan well and we got the results we wanted,” said Claude Julien, who was describing Sunday’s win over the Ducks but might well have been speaking about their body of work since a tipping point home win over the Flyers. “We still feel we have some work to do because we’ve been struggling the last few months. We’ve won four of our last five games and we’re starting to turn the corner, so that bodes well.”
Things boding well for the Bruins is bad news for the Eastern Conference. With the playoffs around the corner, the bulk of the attention has been paid to the Rangers and Penguins in the East while the Bruins lie in the weeds waiting to strike. It’s reminiscent of last season when everyone’s focus was on Philadelphia and Washington when the Bruins stormed through the postseason on the way to winning the Cup.
With at least one first round match-up destined to feature any two of the Rangers, Penguins, Flyers, or Devils there’s going to be at least one worn out team in the second round. That’s just the way the Bruins want it.
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 0
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 60
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)