Mar 27, 2012, 10:17 AM EDT
The rest of the league might be wise to get nervous about the Boston Bruins.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty caught up with Bruins coach Claude Julien and after seeing his team go 2-1-0 on their west coast road trip, he’s feeling good about where the team is at.
“Our guys respected the game plan well and we got the results we wanted,” said Claude Julien, who was describing Sunday’s win over the Ducks but might well have been speaking about their body of work since a tipping point home win over the Flyers. “We still feel we have some work to do because we’ve been struggling the last few months. We’ve won four of our last five games and we’re starting to turn the corner, so that bodes well.”
Things boding well for the Bruins is bad news for the Eastern Conference. With the playoffs around the corner, the bulk of the attention has been paid to the Rangers and Penguins in the East while the Bruins lie in the weeds waiting to strike. It’s reminiscent of last season when everyone’s focus was on Philadelphia and Washington when the Bruins stormed through the postseason on the way to winning the Cup.
With at least one first round match-up destined to feature any two of the Rangers, Penguins, Flyers, or Devils there’s going to be at least one worn out team in the second round. That’s just the way the Bruins want it.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)