Mar 27, 2012, 10:17 AM EST
The rest of the league might be wise to get nervous about the Boston Bruins.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty caught up with Bruins coach Claude Julien and after seeing his team go 2-1-0 on their west coast road trip, he’s feeling good about where the team is at.
“Our guys respected the game plan well and we got the results we wanted,” said Claude Julien, who was describing Sunday’s win over the Ducks but might well have been speaking about their body of work since a tipping point home win over the Flyers. “We still feel we have some work to do because we’ve been struggling the last few months. We’ve won four of our last five games and we’re starting to turn the corner, so that bodes well.”
Things boding well for the Bruins is bad news for the Eastern Conference. With the playoffs around the corner, the bulk of the attention has been paid to the Rangers and Penguins in the East while the Bruins lie in the weeds waiting to strike. It’s reminiscent of last season when everyone’s focus was on Philadelphia and Washington when the Bruins stormed through the postseason on the way to winning the Cup.
With at least one first round match-up destined to feature any two of the Rangers, Penguins, Flyers, or Devils there’s going to be at least one worn out team in the second round. That’s just the way the Bruins want it.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 148
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 117
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (148)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (117)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)