Mar 27, 2012, 10:17 AM EDT
The rest of the league might be wise to get nervous about the Boston Bruins.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty caught up with Bruins coach Claude Julien and after seeing his team go 2-1-0 on their west coast road trip, he’s feeling good about where the team is at.
“Our guys respected the game plan well and we got the results we wanted,” said Claude Julien, who was describing Sunday’s win over the Ducks but might well have been speaking about their body of work since a tipping point home win over the Flyers. “We still feel we have some work to do because we’ve been struggling the last few months. We’ve won four of our last five games and we’re starting to turn the corner, so that bodes well.”
Things boding well for the Bruins is bad news for the Eastern Conference. With the playoffs around the corner, the bulk of the attention has been paid to the Rangers and Penguins in the East while the Bruins lie in the weeds waiting to strike. It’s reminiscent of last season when everyone’s focus was on Philadelphia and Washington when the Bruins stormed through the postseason on the way to winning the Cup.
With at least one first round match-up destined to feature any two of the Rangers, Penguins, Flyers, or Devils there’s going to be at least one worn out team in the second round. That’s just the way the Bruins want it.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 19
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 39
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 75
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL