Mar 27, 2012, 11:57 AM EST
Devils rookie Adam Larsson has had a rough go of it lately and tonight he’ll be watching the game from the press box.
Larsson will be a healthy scratch for New Jersey’s game against Chicago and as he tells it to Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice at this morning’s skate, it’s a move that surprises him but one he supports.
“I know I haven’t played my best game lately,” he said. “It’s tough, but I think it’s a smart decision by the coach to rest for a couple of games. I don’t know how long I’ll be out, but, hopefully, I will get back as soon as possible.”
Larsson also says that he may have come back too quickly from a back injury that sidelined him earlier this season. The Swedish rookie has just 18 points this season and just two goals. Taking his place in the lineup will be AHL call-up Peter Harrold. Larsson catching a break tonight comes at a tough time as Anton Volchenkov is still sidelined with a lower-body injury.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)