Mar 27, 2012, 11:57 AM EDT
Devils rookie Adam Larsson has had a rough go of it lately and tonight he’ll be watching the game from the press box.
Larsson will be a healthy scratch for New Jersey’s game against Chicago and as he tells it to Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice at this morning’s skate, it’s a move that surprises him but one he supports.
“I know I haven’t played my best game lately,” he said. “It’s tough, but I think it’s a smart decision by the coach to rest for a couple of games. I don’t know how long I’ll be out, but, hopefully, I will get back as soon as possible.”
Larsson also says that he may have come back too quickly from a back injury that sidelined him earlier this season. The Swedish rookie has just 18 points this season and just two goals. Taking his place in the lineup will be AHL call-up Peter Harrold. Larsson catching a break tonight comes at a tough time as Anton Volchenkov is still sidelined with a lower-body injury.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)