Mar 27, 2012, 11:57 AM EDT
Devils rookie Adam Larsson has had a rough go of it lately and tonight he’ll be watching the game from the press box.
Larsson will be a healthy scratch for New Jersey’s game against Chicago and as he tells it to Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice at this morning’s skate, it’s a move that surprises him but one he supports.
“I know I haven’t played my best game lately,” he said. “It’s tough, but I think it’s a smart decision by the coach to rest for a couple of games. I don’t know how long I’ll be out, but, hopefully, I will get back as soon as possible.”
Larsson also says that he may have come back too quickly from a back injury that sidelined him earlier this season. The Swedish rookie has just 18 points this season and just two goals. Taking his place in the lineup will be AHL call-up Peter Harrold. Larsson catching a break tonight comes at a tough time as Anton Volchenkov is still sidelined with a lower-body injury.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)