Mar 27, 2012, 11:57 AM EST
Devils rookie Adam Larsson has had a rough go of it lately and tonight he’ll be watching the game from the press box.
Larsson will be a healthy scratch for New Jersey’s game against Chicago and as he tells it to Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice at this morning’s skate, it’s a move that surprises him but one he supports.
“I know I haven’t played my best game lately,” he said. “It’s tough, but I think it’s a smart decision by the coach to rest for a couple of games. I don’t know how long I’ll be out, but, hopefully, I will get back as soon as possible.”
Larsson also says that he may have come back too quickly from a back injury that sidelined him earlier this season. The Swedish rookie has just 18 points this season and just two goals. Taking his place in the lineup will be AHL call-up Peter Harrold. Larsson catching a break tonight comes at a tough time as Anton Volchenkov is still sidelined with a lower-body injury.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)