Mar 26, 2012, 4:12 PM EST
As mentioned in the video, Tootoo was coming off his first healthy scratch of the year…which probably explains why he opted to go with Bollig (who, at 6-foot-2, 223 pounds, has five inches and over 20 pounds on Tootoo.) The Nashville lineup is tough to crack lately with all the new additions — Colin Wilson (15 goals) and Craig Smith (13) were both healthy scratches for the ‘Hawks game — so Tootoo did what he thought was necessary.
To his credit, Bollig wasn’t talking much after the fight.
“He asked me and I obliged,” Bollig told Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune. “The rest is history.”
The fight occurred on Tootoo’s second shift of the game — which would ultimately be his last. He finished with just 34 seconds of ice time after leaving the game with an undisclosed injury.
Update: Tootoo addressed his status via Twitter.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 1
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 44
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15