Mar 26, 2012, 4:12 PM EDT
As mentioned in the video, Tootoo was coming off his first healthy scratch of the year…which probably explains why he opted to go with Bollig (who, at 6-foot-2, 223 pounds, has five inches and over 20 pounds on Tootoo.) The Nashville lineup is tough to crack lately with all the new additions — Colin Wilson (15 goals) and Craig Smith (13) were both healthy scratches for the ‘Hawks game — so Tootoo did what he thought was necessary.
To his credit, Bollig wasn’t talking much after the fight.
“He asked me and I obliged,” Bollig told Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune. “The rest is history.”
The fight occurred on Tootoo’s second shift of the game — which would ultimately be his last. He finished with just 34 seconds of ice time after leaving the game with an undisclosed injury.
Update: Tootoo addressed his status via Twitter.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)