Mar 26, 2012, 4:12 PM EDT
As mentioned in the video, Tootoo was coming off his first healthy scratch of the year…which probably explains why he opted to go with Bollig (who, at 6-foot-2, 223 pounds, has five inches and over 20 pounds on Tootoo.) The Nashville lineup is tough to crack lately with all the new additions — Colin Wilson (15 goals) and Craig Smith (13) were both healthy scratches for the ‘Hawks game — so Tootoo did what he thought was necessary.
To his credit, Bollig wasn’t talking much after the fight.
“He asked me and I obliged,” Bollig told Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune. “The rest is history.”
The fight occurred on Tootoo’s second shift of the game — which would ultimately be his last. He finished with just 34 seconds of ice time after leaving the game with an undisclosed injury.
Update: Tootoo addressed his status via Twitter.
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 15
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 25
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 30
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 27
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 13
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 51
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (51)