Mar 26, 2012, 4:12 PM EST
As mentioned in the video, Tootoo was coming off his first healthy scratch of the year…which probably explains why he opted to go with Bollig (who, at 6-foot-2, 223 pounds, has five inches and over 20 pounds on Tootoo.) The Nashville lineup is tough to crack lately with all the new additions — Colin Wilson (15 goals) and Craig Smith (13) were both healthy scratches for the ‘Hawks game — so Tootoo did what he thought was necessary.
To his credit, Bollig wasn’t talking much after the fight.
“He asked me and I obliged,” Bollig told Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune. “The rest is history.”
The fight occurred on Tootoo’s second shift of the game — which would ultimately be his last. He finished with just 34 seconds of ice time after leaving the game with an undisclosed injury.
Update: Tootoo addressed his status via Twitter.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 0
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 7
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)