Mar 26, 2012, 4:12 PM EDT
As mentioned in the video, Tootoo was coming off his first healthy scratch of the year…which probably explains why he opted to go with Bollig (who, at 6-foot-2, 223 pounds, has five inches and over 20 pounds on Tootoo.) The Nashville lineup is tough to crack lately with all the new additions — Colin Wilson (15 goals) and Craig Smith (13) were both healthy scratches for the ‘Hawks game — so Tootoo did what he thought was necessary.
To his credit, Bollig wasn’t talking much after the fight.
“He asked me and I obliged,” Bollig told Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune. “The rest is history.”
The fight occurred on Tootoo’s second shift of the game — which would ultimately be his last. He finished with just 34 seconds of ice time after leaving the game with an undisclosed injury.
Update: Tootoo addressed his status via Twitter.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54