Mar 26, 2012, 11:37 AM EDT
If you Red Wings fans were hoping to read good news this morning about the return of a trio of injured stars, you’ll have to wait for that news later in the week.
With Detroit taking on Columbus tonight they won’t be seeing Jonathan Ericsson, Jimmy Howard, or Johan Franzen back on the ice looking to stay ahead of the Predators for fourth in the West. All three players skated this morning at practice, but all three of them will be hoping to make their return to action later in the week.
Ericsson tells Ansar Khan of Mlive.com that he hopes to be back in on Wednesday night against the Blue Jackets. Franzen too is aiming to be back on Wednesday but might not go until Friday. Meanwhile, Howard’s return to action may come just in time for Detroit’s potential playoff preview showdown with Nashville on Friday.
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 21
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 5
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)