Mar 26, 2012, 11:37 AM EDT
If you Red Wings fans were hoping to read good news this morning about the return of a trio of injured stars, you’ll have to wait for that news later in the week.
With Detroit taking on Columbus tonight they won’t be seeing Jonathan Ericsson, Jimmy Howard, or Johan Franzen back on the ice looking to stay ahead of the Predators for fourth in the West. All three players skated this morning at practice, but all three of them will be hoping to make their return to action later in the week.
Ericsson tells Ansar Khan of Mlive.com that he hopes to be back in on Wednesday night against the Blue Jackets. Franzen too is aiming to be back on Wednesday but might not go until Friday. Meanwhile, Howard’s return to action may come just in time for Detroit’s potential playoff preview showdown with Nashville on Friday.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)