Mar 26, 2012, 11:37 AM EDT
If you Red Wings fans were hoping to read good news this morning about the return of a trio of injured stars, you’ll have to wait for that news later in the week.
With Detroit taking on Columbus tonight they won’t be seeing Jonathan Ericsson, Jimmy Howard, or Johan Franzen back on the ice looking to stay ahead of the Predators for fourth in the West. All three players skated this morning at practice, but all three of them will be hoping to make their return to action later in the week.
Ericsson tells Ansar Khan of Mlive.com that he hopes to be back in on Wednesday night against the Blue Jackets. Franzen too is aiming to be back on Wednesday but might not go until Friday. Meanwhile, Howard’s return to action may come just in time for Detroit’s potential playoff preview showdown with Nashville on Friday.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)