Mar 26, 2012, 11:37 AM EDT
If you Red Wings fans were hoping to read good news this morning about the return of a trio of injured stars, you’ll have to wait for that news later in the week.
With Detroit taking on Columbus tonight they won’t be seeing Jonathan Ericsson, Jimmy Howard, or Johan Franzen back on the ice looking to stay ahead of the Predators for fourth in the West. All three players skated this morning at practice, but all three of them will be hoping to make their return to action later in the week.
Ericsson tells Ansar Khan of Mlive.com that he hopes to be back in on Wednesday night against the Blue Jackets. Franzen too is aiming to be back on Wednesday but might not go until Friday. Meanwhile, Howard’s return to action may come just in time for Detroit’s potential playoff preview showdown with Nashville on Friday.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 23
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)