Mar 26, 2012, 4:23 PM EDT
The NHL has pledged its commitment to Earth Hour, the World Wildlife Fund’s weekly radio show covering all things Earth.
Sorry, what was that?
My mistake – apparently Earth Hour is an annual event to raise awareness about climate change. From 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. local time Saturday, participating households and businesses will switch off all non-essential lights while Rick Santorum runs every appliance in his house and has a bonfire.
According to NHL.com, all 30 arenas have pledged to “scale back the energy used” during Earth Hour. So if you’re at the Coyotes’ game and all the power goes out, don’t worry, it’s just Earth Hour.
That or nobody paid the electric bill.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17