Mar 26, 2012, 11:05 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers dominated large parts of their game against the Tampa Bay Lightning, but a few sloppy plays and some middling spans resulted in a 5-3 loss. That’s nowhere near the most confusing situation for Philly today, though, as the team is sending mixed signals about Ilya Bryzgalov‘s health.
The Flyers are in that select group of teams whose playoff situation seems pretty clear at this point. Perhaps they can grapple for home ice advantage, but they’re likely more or less resigned to being in the fourth vs. fifth seed matchup.
With that in mind, Bryzgalov’s mysterious injury situation might remain cloudy, as Philly could easily lean on Sergei Bobrovsky even if Holmgren is telling the truth (or the partial truth). Breezy’s resurgence makes the Flyers an intriguing dark horse in the East, so it’s certainly a situation to watch – even if Philly deliberately confuses everyone along the way.
Here are highlights of the game:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 15
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 26
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)