Mar 26, 2012, 11:05 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers dominated large parts of their game against the Tampa Bay Lightning, but a few sloppy plays and some middling spans resulted in a 5-3 loss. That’s nowhere near the most confusing situation for Philly today, though, as the team is sending mixed signals about Ilya Bryzgalov‘s health.
The Flyers are in that select group of teams whose playoff situation seems pretty clear at this point. Perhaps they can grapple for home ice advantage, but they’re likely more or less resigned to being in the fourth vs. fifth seed matchup.
With that in mind, Bryzgalov’s mysterious injury situation might remain cloudy, as Philly could easily lean on Sergei Bobrovsky even if Holmgren is telling the truth (or the partial truth). Breezy’s resurgence makes the Flyers an intriguing dark horse in the East, so it’s certainly a situation to watch – even if Philly deliberately confuses everyone along the way.
Here are highlights of the game:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 31
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 52
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 25
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 24
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (77)