Mar 26, 2012, 11:05 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers dominated large parts of their game against the Tampa Bay Lightning, but a few sloppy plays and some middling spans resulted in a 5-3 loss. That’s nowhere near the most confusing situation for Philly today, though, as the team is sending mixed signals about Ilya Bryzgalov‘s health.
The Flyers are in that select group of teams whose playoff situation seems pretty clear at this point. Perhaps they can grapple for home ice advantage, but they’re likely more or less resigned to being in the fourth vs. fifth seed matchup.
With that in mind, Bryzgalov’s mysterious injury situation might remain cloudy, as Philly could easily lean on Sergei Bobrovsky even if Holmgren is telling the truth (or the partial truth). Breezy’s resurgence makes the Flyers an intriguing dark horse in the East, so it’s certainly a situation to watch – even if Philly deliberately confuses everyone along the way.
Here are highlights of the game:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)