Mar 26, 2012, 11:05 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers dominated large parts of their game against the Tampa Bay Lightning, but a few sloppy plays and some middling spans resulted in a 5-3 loss. That’s nowhere near the most confusing situation for Philly today, though, as the team is sending mixed signals about Ilya Bryzgalov‘s health.
The Flyers are in that select group of teams whose playoff situation seems pretty clear at this point. Perhaps they can grapple for home ice advantage, but they’re likely more or less resigned to being in the fourth vs. fifth seed matchup.
With that in mind, Bryzgalov’s mysterious injury situation might remain cloudy, as Philly could easily lean on Sergei Bobrovsky even if Holmgren is telling the truth (or the partial truth). Breezy’s resurgence makes the Flyers an intriguing dark horse in the East, so it’s certainly a situation to watch – even if Philly deliberately confuses everyone along the way.
Here are highlights of the game:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 12
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 27
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 30
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)