Mar 26, 2012, 12:28 PM EDT
This morning in Virginia, Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom participated in his first full team practice since suffering a concussion on Jan. 3.
According to CSNWashington.com, Backstrom “skated hard” but didn’t partake in any battle drills, even though he’s been cleared for contact. Presumably he’ll want to take a few pushes and shoves before getting back into game action.
The Caps host the Sabres tomorrow, visit Boston Thursday, and return home to face the Habs Saturday.
There’s still no timetable for Backstrom’s return, and while they won’t force him into the lineup, Buffalo’s resurgence is seriously threatening Washington’s playoff chances. A loss tomorrow and the Caps will fall to 9th in the East. So yeah, they’d like to get him back ASAP.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)