Mar 26, 2012, 12:28 PM EDT
This morning in Virginia, Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom participated in his first full team practice since suffering a concussion on Jan. 3.
According to CSNWashington.com, Backstrom “skated hard” but didn’t partake in any battle drills, even though he’s been cleared for contact. Presumably he’ll want to take a few pushes and shoves before getting back into game action.
The Caps host the Sabres tomorrow, visit Boston Thursday, and return home to face the Habs Saturday.
There’s still no timetable for Backstrom’s return, and while they won’t force him into the lineup, Buffalo’s resurgence is seriously threatening Washington’s playoff chances. A loss tomorrow and the Caps will fall to 9th in the East. So yeah, they’d like to get him back ASAP.
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 13
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 3
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 96
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (96)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)