Mar 26, 2012, 12:28 PM EST
This morning in Virginia, Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom participated in his first full team practice since suffering a concussion on Jan. 3.
According to CSNWashington.com, Backstrom “skated hard” but didn’t partake in any battle drills, even though he’s been cleared for contact. Presumably he’ll want to take a few pushes and shoves before getting back into game action.
The Caps host the Sabres tomorrow, visit Boston Thursday, and return home to face the Habs Saturday.
There’s still no timetable for Backstrom’s return, and while they won’t force him into the lineup, Buffalo’s resurgence is seriously threatening Washington’s playoff chances. A loss tomorrow and the Caps will fall to 9th in the East. So yeah, they’d like to get him back ASAP.
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 42
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 77
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (77)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)