Mar 26, 2012, 12:28 PM EST
This morning in Virginia, Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom participated in his first full team practice since suffering a concussion on Jan. 3.
According to CSNWashington.com, Backstrom “skated hard” but didn’t partake in any battle drills, even though he’s been cleared for contact. Presumably he’ll want to take a few pushes and shoves before getting back into game action.
The Caps host the Sabres tomorrow, visit Boston Thursday, and return home to face the Habs Saturday.
There’s still no timetable for Backstrom’s return, and while they won’t force him into the lineup, Buffalo’s resurgence is seriously threatening Washington’s playoff chances. A loss tomorrow and the Caps will fall to 9th in the East. So yeah, they’d like to get him back ASAP.
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 3
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 16
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10