Mar 25, 2012, 7:32 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks have excelled without their captain Jonathan Toews (concussion), but it’s safe to say they would love to have him back for their probable playoff run. Toews has skated for six straight days, but with less than two weeks remaining before the end of the regular season, it’s not clear when he’ll take the next step.
Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville hopes that Toews will be cleared for contact “soon,” but he added that it hasn’t been discussed yet.
Meanwhile, Steve Montador, who is also out with a concussion, has been given the green light to participate in contact drills. Quenneville is looking to “get him some more contact this week.” Of course, there’s no guarantee that Montador will return before the end of the regular season, but he is hoping to make that happen.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)