Mar 25, 2012, 7:32 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks have excelled without their captain Jonathan Toews (concussion), but it’s safe to say they would love to have him back for their probable playoff run. Toews has skated for six straight days, but with less than two weeks remaining before the end of the regular season, it’s not clear when he’ll take the next step.
Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville hopes that Toews will be cleared for contact “soon,” but he added that it hasn’t been discussed yet.
Meanwhile, Steve Montador, who is also out with a concussion, has been given the green light to participate in contact drills. Quenneville is looking to “get him some more contact this week.” Of course, there’s no guarantee that Montador will return before the end of the regular season, but he is hoping to make that happen.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 0
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 24
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 26
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming