Mar 25, 2012, 7:32 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks have excelled without their captain Jonathan Toews (concussion), but it’s safe to say they would love to have him back for their probable playoff run. Toews has skated for six straight days, but with less than two weeks remaining before the end of the regular season, it’s not clear when he’ll take the next step.
Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville hopes that Toews will be cleared for contact “soon,” but he added that it hasn’t been discussed yet.
Meanwhile, Steve Montador, who is also out with a concussion, has been given the green light to participate in contact drills. Quenneville is looking to “get him some more contact this week.” Of course, there’s no guarantee that Montador will return before the end of the regular season, but he is hoping to make that happen.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)