Mar 25, 2012, 10:39 AM EDT
After being diagnosed with severe post-concussion issues, Chris Pronger hasn’t seen much of Wells Fargo Center lately.
With the Flyers beating Montreal last night to clinch their spot in the postseason, however, Pronger was there sitting with Flyers chairman Ed Snider, his first appearance since having his season ended and his career put in doubt. As CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio hears from the team, they couldn’t be happier he was there to see it especially funny guy Jaromir Jagr.
“He was sitting next to Ed Snider, I thought ‘he owns the team now?’” Jagr joked. “We said ‘He’s the new owner?’ and we all waved. Not many guys wanted to do it, but some guys did it. ‘Hi.’
“I actually saw him two days ago at the practice rink. He was there when we had a day off. I thought he looked good. Hopefully he can come back.”
If there’s a way to pick a team up and give them the kind of boost you can’t do with a speech, seeing your captain for the first time in what feels like ages will do it. Pronger won’t be a factor for the team in the playoffs, but having him in the house even for a night is a sign that he’s feeling better, something that hasn’t been true lately.
Here’s video courtesy of CSNPhilly.com of the crowd’s reaction to seeing Pronger in attendance. A standing ovation will do.
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 2
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 17
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 27
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 45
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 56
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 27
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles