Mar 25, 2012, 10:39 AM EDT
After being diagnosed with severe post-concussion issues, Chris Pronger hasn’t seen much of Wells Fargo Center lately.
With the Flyers beating Montreal last night to clinch their spot in the postseason, however, Pronger was there sitting with Flyers chairman Ed Snider, his first appearance since having his season ended and his career put in doubt. As CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio hears from the team, they couldn’t be happier he was there to see it especially funny guy Jaromir Jagr.
“He was sitting next to Ed Snider, I thought ‘he owns the team now?’” Jagr joked. “We said ‘He’s the new owner?’ and we all waved. Not many guys wanted to do it, but some guys did it. ‘Hi.’
“I actually saw him two days ago at the practice rink. He was there when we had a day off. I thought he looked good. Hopefully he can come back.”
If there’s a way to pick a team up and give them the kind of boost you can’t do with a speech, seeing your captain for the first time in what feels like ages will do it. Pronger won’t be a factor for the team in the playoffs, but having him in the house even for a night is a sign that he’s feeling better, something that hasn’t been true lately.
Here’s video courtesy of CSNPhilly.com of the crowd’s reaction to seeing Pronger in attendance. A standing ovation will do.
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 5
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 19
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)