Mar 25, 2012, 10:39 AM EST
After being diagnosed with severe post-concussion issues, Chris Pronger hasn’t seen much of Wells Fargo Center lately.
With the Flyers beating Montreal last night to clinch their spot in the postseason, however, Pronger was there sitting with Flyers chairman Ed Snider, his first appearance since having his season ended and his career put in doubt. As CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio hears from the team, they couldn’t be happier he was there to see it especially funny guy Jaromir Jagr.
“He was sitting next to Ed Snider, I thought ‘he owns the team now?’” Jagr joked. “We said ‘He’s the new owner?’ and we all waved. Not many guys wanted to do it, but some guys did it. ‘Hi.’
“I actually saw him two days ago at the practice rink. He was there when we had a day off. I thought he looked good. Hopefully he can come back.”
If there’s a way to pick a team up and give them the kind of boost you can’t do with a speech, seeing your captain for the first time in what feels like ages will do it. Pronger won’t be a factor for the team in the playoffs, but having him in the house even for a night is a sign that he’s feeling better, something that hasn’t been true lately.
Here’s video courtesy of CSNPhilly.com of the crowd’s reaction to seeing Pronger in attendance. A standing ovation will do.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 1
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)