Mar 25, 2012, 10:39 AM EDT
After being diagnosed with severe post-concussion issues, Chris Pronger hasn’t seen much of Wells Fargo Center lately.
With the Flyers beating Montreal last night to clinch their spot in the postseason, however, Pronger was there sitting with Flyers chairman Ed Snider, his first appearance since having his season ended and his career put in doubt. As CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio hears from the team, they couldn’t be happier he was there to see it especially funny guy Jaromir Jagr.
“He was sitting next to Ed Snider, I thought ‘he owns the team now?’” Jagr joked. “We said ‘He’s the new owner?’ and we all waved. Not many guys wanted to do it, but some guys did it. ‘Hi.’
“I actually saw him two days ago at the practice rink. He was there when we had a day off. I thought he looked good. Hopefully he can come back.”
If there’s a way to pick a team up and give them the kind of boost you can’t do with a speech, seeing your captain for the first time in what feels like ages will do it. Pronger won’t be a factor for the team in the playoffs, but having him in the house even for a night is a sign that he’s feeling better, something that hasn’t been true lately.
Here’s video courtesy of CSNPhilly.com of the crowd’s reaction to seeing Pronger in attendance. A standing ovation will do.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 3
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 49
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 61
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 25
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 44
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (80)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)