Mar 25, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Brendan Shanahan had a busy afternoon of meting out punishment for a pair of plays from last night’s action. Colorado’s Chuck Kobasew and Phoenix’s Alexandre Bolduc each received the maximum allowable $2,500 fine for separate incidents in their games last night.
Kobasew was fined for charging Vancouver’s Aaron Rome during the first period of the Canucks’ 3-2 overtime win. Kobasew also received a minor penalty for charging. Meanwhile, Bolduc was fined for slew-footing San Jose’s Ryane Clowe during the second period of the Sharks’ 5-4 shootout win. Bolduc was given a minor penalty for hooking on the play.
Both players are fortunate to escape with just fines and Bolduc’s slew-foot is the more interesting of the fines as slew-footing has been treated seemingly with kid gloves all season long. Regarded as one of the more dangerous moves players can do to one another, it’s been rare to see a slew-foot result in a suspension this season.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 29
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)