Mar 25, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Brendan Shanahan had a busy afternoon of meting out punishment for a pair of plays from last night’s action. Colorado’s Chuck Kobasew and Phoenix’s Alexandre Bolduc each received the maximum allowable $2,500 fine for separate incidents in their games last night.
Kobasew was fined for charging Vancouver’s Aaron Rome during the first period of the Canucks’ 3-2 overtime win. Kobasew also received a minor penalty for charging. Meanwhile, Bolduc was fined for slew-footing San Jose’s Ryane Clowe during the second period of the Sharks’ 5-4 shootout win. Bolduc was given a minor penalty for hooking on the play.
Both players are fortunate to escape with just fines and Bolduc’s slew-foot is the more interesting of the fines as slew-footing has been treated seemingly with kid gloves all season long. Regarded as one of the more dangerous moves players can do to one another, it’s been rare to see a slew-foot result in a suspension this season.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)