Mar 25, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
Brendan Shanahan had a busy afternoon of meting out punishment for a pair of plays from last night’s action. Colorado’s Chuck Kobasew and Phoenix’s Alexandre Bolduc each received the maximum allowable $2,500 fine for separate incidents in their games last night.
Kobasew was fined for charging Vancouver’s Aaron Rome during the first period of the Canucks’ 3-2 overtime win. Kobasew also received a minor penalty for charging. Meanwhile, Bolduc was fined for slew-footing San Jose’s Ryane Clowe during the second period of the Sharks’ 5-4 shootout win. Bolduc was given a minor penalty for hooking on the play.
Both players are fortunate to escape with just fines and Bolduc’s slew-foot is the more interesting of the fines as slew-footing has been treated seemingly with kid gloves all season long. Regarded as one of the more dangerous moves players can do to one another, it’s been rare to see a slew-foot result in a suspension this season.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 8
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 32
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)