Mar 25, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
Brendan Shanahan had a busy afternoon of meting out punishment for a pair of plays from last night’s action. Colorado’s Chuck Kobasew and Phoenix’s Alexandre Bolduc each received the maximum allowable $2,500 fine for separate incidents in their games last night.
Kobasew was fined for charging Vancouver’s Aaron Rome during the first period of the Canucks’ 3-2 overtime win. Kobasew also received a minor penalty for charging. Meanwhile, Bolduc was fined for slew-footing San Jose’s Ryane Clowe during the second period of the Sharks’ 5-4 shootout win. Bolduc was given a minor penalty for hooking on the play.
Both players are fortunate to escape with just fines and Bolduc’s slew-foot is the more interesting of the fines as slew-footing has been treated seemingly with kid gloves all season long. Regarded as one of the more dangerous moves players can do to one another, it’s been rare to see a slew-foot result in a suspension this season.
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 1
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 44
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 41
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (45)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (41)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)