Mar 25, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
Brendan Shanahan had a busy afternoon of meting out punishment for a pair of plays from last night’s action. Colorado’s Chuck Kobasew and Phoenix’s Alexandre Bolduc each received the maximum allowable $2,500 fine for separate incidents in their games last night.
Kobasew was fined for charging Vancouver’s Aaron Rome during the first period of the Canucks’ 3-2 overtime win. Kobasew also received a minor penalty for charging. Meanwhile, Bolduc was fined for slew-footing San Jose’s Ryane Clowe during the second period of the Sharks’ 5-4 shootout win. Bolduc was given a minor penalty for hooking on the play.
Both players are fortunate to escape with just fines and Bolduc’s slew-foot is the more interesting of the fines as slew-footing has been treated seemingly with kid gloves all season long. Regarded as one of the more dangerous moves players can do to one another, it’s been rare to see a slew-foot result in a suspension this season.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)