Mar 24, 2012, 1:34 PM EDT
Things are getting better for the Detroit Red Wings, and quickly at that.
Carlos Monarrez of the Detroit Free Press reports that a trio of defensemen are getting healthy and two of them could suit up for tonight’s game against Carolina. Jakub Kindl will definitely be back in tonight’s lineup while captain Nicklas Lidstrom will be a game-time decision. Jonathan Ericsson is looking like he’ll be back for Detroit on Monday night.
If Lidstrom can’t go tonight, rookie Brendan Smith will get the start instead. Kindl’s return made it possible for Detroit to send Doug Janik back to the AHL. Detroit has been without Lidstrom and Ericsson since February 25 while Kindl has been gone since March 4.
Ty Conklin will get the start in tonight’s game. He’s coming off a stellar, but losing, effort against the Rangers on Wednesday.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)