Mar 24, 2012, 1:34 PM EDT
Things are getting better for the Detroit Red Wings, and quickly at that.
Carlos Monarrez of the Detroit Free Press reports that a trio of defensemen are getting healthy and two of them could suit up for tonight’s game against Carolina. Jakub Kindl will definitely be back in tonight’s lineup while captain Nicklas Lidstrom will be a game-time decision. Jonathan Ericsson is looking like he’ll be back for Detroit on Monday night.
If Lidstrom can’t go tonight, rookie Brendan Smith will get the start instead. Kindl’s return made it possible for Detroit to send Doug Janik back to the AHL. Detroit has been without Lidstrom and Ericsson since February 25 while Kindl has been gone since March 4.
Ty Conklin will get the start in tonight’s game. He’s coming off a stellar, but losing, effort against the Rangers on Wednesday.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)