Mar 24, 2012, 11:51 AM EST
The Rangers had a hard enough time last night dealing with the Sabres, ultimately losing 4-1. It was almost a more dire situation for Rangers forward Brandon Dubinsky, however, thanks to an errant skate blade from 6’8″ defenseman Tyler Myers.
Myers was taken down in a net side scrum and upon being hauled down his leg went up into the air with his skate blade catching Dubinsky in the side of the head. Thankfully for Dubinsky, his helmet saved him from what would’ve been a horrific injury. Take a look at this video from The Score to see how close Dubinsky was to disaster and the knowing bro-hug from Jordan Leopold afterward.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 13
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54