Mar 24, 2012, 11:51 AM EST
The Rangers had a hard enough time last night dealing with the Sabres, ultimately losing 4-1. It was almost a more dire situation for Rangers forward Brandon Dubinsky, however, thanks to an errant skate blade from 6’8″ defenseman Tyler Myers.
Myers was taken down in a net side scrum and upon being hauled down his leg went up into the air with his skate blade catching Dubinsky in the side of the head. Thankfully for Dubinsky, his helmet saved him from what would’ve been a horrific injury. Take a look at this video from The Score to see how close Dubinsky was to disaster and the knowing bro-hug from Jordan Leopold afterward.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 6
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 34
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46