Mar 24, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
The Rangers had a hard enough time last night dealing with the Sabres, ultimately losing 4-1. It was almost a more dire situation for Rangers forward Brandon Dubinsky, however, thanks to an errant skate blade from 6’8″ defenseman Tyler Myers.
Myers was taken down in a net side scrum and upon being hauled down his leg went up into the air with his skate blade catching Dubinsky in the side of the head. Thankfully for Dubinsky, his helmet saved him from what would’ve been a horrific injury. Take a look at this video from The Score to see how close Dubinsky was to disaster and the knowing bro-hug from Jordan Leopold afterward.
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 0
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 46
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 7
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL