Mar 24, 2012, 3:00 PM EST
While the Blackhawks are back in the thick of things in the race for home ice in the first round of the playoffs, they got some great news today.
Captain Jonathan Toews not only skated for the fifth day in a row, but as CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers reports, Toews also practiced with the team. As Toews tells Myers, dealing with a concussion hasn’t been the easiest thing for him to do.
“I was confident a week in that it wouldn’t take much longer. It sucks that it’s taken this long but I feel this is it,” said Toews. “Mentally I’m positive and telling myself that we’ll get through this. I’m not going to let the setbacks that have happened weigh me down.”
Toews says he’s hopeful that he’ll play before the regular season is over with. Getting a game or two in before the start of the postseason would help keep him from being rusty when the games matter the most. With Duncan Keith out of action for the next five games, going without those two players will make the race for home ice that much harder.
Update: Here’s video from CSNChicago.com of Toews talking about all he’s doing to get back to action.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)