Mar 24, 2012, 7:43 PM EST
We’re pleased to inform you that Hall of Famer and Montreal Canadiens’ legend Jean Beliveau has been released from Montreal General Hospital. He is now in a rehabilitation center after suffering a stroke last month.
“His condition is improving, it’s good news,” spokesman Donald Beauchamp said.
Beliveau helped the Canadiens win 10 Stanley Cups over the course of his playing career. He had 507 goals and 712 assists in 1,125 games and ranks second only to Guy Lafleur for points in a Canadiens’ uniform.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 25
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 21
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 37
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 7
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)