Mar 24, 2012, 7:43 PM EDT
We’re pleased to inform you that Hall of Famer and Montreal Canadiens’ legend Jean Beliveau has been released from Montreal General Hospital. He is now in a rehabilitation center after suffering a stroke last month.
“His condition is improving, it’s good news,” spokesman Donald Beauchamp said.
Beliveau helped the Canadiens win 10 Stanley Cups over the course of his playing career. He had 507 goals and 712 assists in 1,125 games and ranks second only to Guy Lafleur for points in a Canadiens’ uniform.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 26
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50