Mar 24, 2012, 7:43 PM EDT
We’re pleased to inform you that Hall of Famer and Montreal Canadiens’ legend Jean Beliveau has been released from Montreal General Hospital. He is now in a rehabilitation center after suffering a stroke last month.
“His condition is improving, it’s good news,” spokesman Donald Beauchamp said.
Beliveau helped the Canadiens win 10 Stanley Cups over the course of his playing career. He had 507 goals and 712 assists in 1,125 games and ranks second only to Guy Lafleur for points in a Canadiens’ uniform.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6